Basallo for Crochet?

caljr

I'd have the top 10 as below, with conservative rankings for the O's to avoid homerism.  Personally, I really think Basallo is #2.  

1. James Wood - Washington

2. Holliday - O's

3. Caminero - Rays

4. Lawlar - Dbacks

5. Basallo - O's

6. Jasson Dominguez - Yankees

7. Lee - Twins

8. Mayo - O's

9. Crews - Nats

10. Mayer - Red Sox

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Show me an objective source that has reranked the prospects since their initial lists?  The draft is July 16th.  Usually they do a reranking a few weeks after that.  We could have 3 in the top 5.  We have 3 in the top 18 currently.  It's not so far fetched.  

In the minors section, on the prospect hot sheet thread, I linked to ESPN and fangraphs who both re-ranked in late May.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd have the top 10 as below, with conservative rankings for the O's to avoid homerism.  Personally, I really think Basallo is #2.  

1. James Wood - Washington

2. Holliday - O's

3. Caminero - Rays

4. Lawlar - Dbacks

5. Basallo - O's

6. Jasson Dominguez - Yankees

7. Lee - Twins

8. Mayo - O's

9. Crews - Nats

10. Mayer - Red Sox

Way too high for Dominguez.  His hot streak was like Cowser’s earlier in the year.  Doesn’t mean as much as people are pretending. 

19 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Way too high for Dominguez.  His hot streak was like Cowser’s earlier in the year.  Doesn’t mean as much as people are pretending. 

Look at what he's done in AAA in albeit a SSS.  Other than James Wood, there isn't another OF prospect better than Dominguez.  It pains me to say that.  No way am I taking even Dylan Crews over him.  

16 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

A link here would be helpful.

ESPN (Kiley McDaniel) provides notes and re-rank of his top50.  Note that he removes players who have already lost or projected to lose eligibility in next week or so (meaning no guys like Cowser on O’s or Langford on TEX).  Link to post (note is behind paywall).

• Holliday #2 and 65 FV tier (along w/Skenes who jumped to #1 overall)
  • Mayo #6 and 60 FV tier
  • Basallo #16 and 55 FV tier
  • Kjerstad #47 and 50 FV tier

Fangraphs (Eric Longenhagen) provides update to his top100.  Unlike Kiley/ESPN, this list does not yet reflect any changes or projected changes to rookie eligibility (ie guys like Langford and Chourio are still in the top100 list).  Link to top100 list and his separate write up post.

• Holliday #1
  • Basallo #9
  • Mayo #22
  • Kjerstad #26
  • Povich #92
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

ESPN (Kiley McDaniel) provides notes and re-rank of his top50.  Note that he removes players who have already lost or projected to lose eligibility in next week or so (meaning no guys like Cowser on O’s or Langford on TEX).  Link to post (note is behind paywall).

• Holliday #2 and 65 FV tier (along w/Skenes who jumped to #1 overall)
  • Mayo #6 and 60 FV tier
  • Basallo #16 and 55 FV tier
  • Kjerstad #47 and 50 FV tier

Fangraphs (Eric Longenhagen) provides update to his top100.  Unlike Kiley/ESPN, this list does not yet reflect any changes or projected changes to rookie eligibility (ie guys like Langford and Chourio are still in the top100 list).  Link to top100 list and his separate write up post.

• Holliday #1
  • Basallo #9
  • Mayo #22
  • Kjerstad #26
  • Povich #92

Keep in mind the re-rank occured when before Basallo went absolutely ballistic in June with the weather warming up/not raining daily.  .930 OPS in June.  

13 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

So to summarize,

Holliday - Both ESPN and Fangraphs have Holliday #1 or #2.  Holliday is #2 behind only Paul Skenes that isn't prospect eligible currently.

Basallo - Fangraphs has Basallo #9, but again that was with Skenes, Langford, and Merrill, ahead of Basallo.  Both are ineligible now.  So that puts Basallo 6th before his .930 OPS month of June.  

Mayo - ESPN had him #6 with Skenes and Merrill listed above him.  So that would put Mayo 4th.

Overall, it's not so crazy to say that we have 3 in the top 5-7 currently.  

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So to summarize,

Holliday - Both ESPN and Fangraphs have Holliday #1 or #2.  Holliday is #2 behind only Paul Skenes that isn't prospect eligible currently.

Basallo - Fangraphs has Basallo #9, but again that was with Skenes, Langford, and Merrill, ahead of Basallo.  Both are ineligible now.  So that puts Basallo 6th before his .930 OPS month of June.  

Mayo - ESPN had him #6 with Skenes and Merrill listed above him.  So that would put Mayo 4th.

Overall, it's not so crazy to say that we have 3 in the top 5-7 currently.  

I'm not sure it works out like that exactly, others in the range they are currently in could leapfrog them. Still impressive.