Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

Would you as a fan be open to it? I saw him in Los Angeles and he pitched well but was something of a clubhouse loner and of course, he has had baggage that came with him from Cincinnati. He's been pitching in Mexico and before that, Japan, and he pitched well and had no incidents.Bauer was never arrested or charged in an alleged sexual assault suspicion.. He countersued, saying he had one consensual sexual encounter with the woman in 2020 and then accused her of faking the pregnancy to extort money from him. 

The Orioles havent exactly rejected  accused alleged domestic violence suspects. Remember we picked up Francisco Rodriguez?

The question is, would the Orioles take a chance with a guy who only said he would want to pitch for the Orioles.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

We need pitching!  It was alleged domestic abuse, he said, she said, there is no proof!  I heard that he's a jerk though.

It is more than one incident of “alleged” domestic abuse.  He was suspended for 2 years by major league baseball.  The Union pretty much didn’t fight for him.  He has many documented incidents of being abusive to people on social media.  He is a POS.  His major league career is over.  I don’t care what his won-loss record is.  Besides all that this group of Orioles is a tight knit group of decent people.  There is no way they would want this guy in their clubhouse.  All he would be is a major distraction.  

• Upvote 3

If our people assessed the situation as a whole and decided it was best for the team, than yea I’m for it. If they don’t think it’s worth the backlash/media circus or they think it would be a hit to clubhouse morale, then I agree with that decision. 

That being said, the guy is an absolute weirdo with poor character just based off the facts of the case even if he didn’t commit any crimes. But we put up with character flaws with players that help our favorite team win games. 

37 minutes ago, O's84 said:

He talks about suing the league. 

Right this was in response to A tweet from Bill James saying MLB is likely facing a billion dollar lawsuit from him

Edited by casadeozo

All I will say is this.  I watch a lot you tube athletes and influencers.  From car repair guys to golfers to bowlers to fisherman to basebal players to anything.

I bet Bryson DeChembeau at plus 2000 last week for the US Open and cleared $4000 in profit.

Why?  Because I watch his youtube vids and he was PRIMED to win.  You could see it in his videos.

I watch TB as well on you tube.  And this guy is HUNGRY.   He is primed.  I think he got a raw deal on his domestic violence case.  As someone who had the same accused against me when  I was totally innocent 15 years ago?  I know how women can be.  It was a total lie.  And he was 100% vindicated.

I would sign him in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

It is more than one incident of “alleged” domestic abuse.  He was suspended for 2 years by major league baseball.  The Union pretty much didn’t fight for him.  He has many documented incidents of being abusive to people on social media.  He is a POS.  His major league career is over.  I don’t care what his won-loss record is.  Besides all that this group of Orioles is a tight knit group of decent people.  There is no way they would want this guy in their clubhouse.  All he would be is a major distraction.  

We live in a ME TOO WOKE society.  A women just has to say a man breathed on her wrong and he is canceled. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

43 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

If our people assessed the situation as a whole and decided it was best for the team, than yea I’m for it. If they don’t think it’s worth the backlash/media circus or they think it would be a hit to clubhouse morale, then I agree with that decision. 

That being said, the guy is an absolute weirdo with poor character just based off the facts of the case even if he didn’t commit any crimes. But we put up with character flaws with players that help our favorite team win games. 

Watch his you tube videos.  He does not seem the least bit strange to me.  Just seems like a normal guy.

• Haha 1

I'm generally leery of people with DV allegations.  The fact that there were 4 separate women that came forward certainly heightens the level of concern.  In Bauer's case he's never been charged with a crime, one of his accusers has been charged with fraud, and another accuser settled civil claims out of court with Bauer not paying her a dime.

It sounds like he has some weird kinks and maybe picks bad women to live out his sexual fantasies with, but those aren't crimes.

I'd be a little more concerned with the fact that it doesn't really seem like Bauer's teammates ever liked him very much.  It seems like his blacklisting has just as much to do with that.  I'd be loathe to disrupt team chemistry.

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 2