Bring up Mayo already!!

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

At the time, Elias told the Mayo family the promotion was days away.That VERY night, Coby broke his rib in a game. But he retuned after a few weeks and began raking again. The new "delay" has to do with roster moves and the deadline and status, but it still makes no sense to me. I think he'll be up next week.

I was talking about other rumors right after the AS break, I believe, where some twitter people were saying he was coming up imminently. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I was talking about other rumors right after the AS break, I believe, where some twitter people were saying he was coming up imminently. 

He won't be up until after the trade deadline when the parts 'in front of him' are moved. 

36 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

At the time, Elias told the Mayo family the promotion was days away.That VERY night, Coby broke his rib in a game. But he retuned after a few weeks and began raking again. The new "delay" has to do with roster moves and the deadline and status, but it still makes no sense to me. I think he'll be up next week.

"Days away" means nothing to me from Elias.  The man is a master of vagueness and making statements without saying anything at all.  How many times have we heard the line "we have conversations about Player X all the time?"  Which probably is not a lie, but doesn't mean that Player X should be making travel plans either.

He's been back for well over a month now and has continued to hit well during that time.  If he was "days away" at the time of the injury there's no reason he wouldn't have been called by now.

Just now, glenn__davis said:

"Days away" means nothing to me from Elias.  The man is a master of vagueness and making statements without saying anything at all.  How many times have we heard the line "we have conversations about Player X all the time?"  Which probably is not a lie, but doesn't mean that Player X should be making travel plans either.

He's been back for well over a month now and has continued to hit well during that time.  If he was "days away" at the time of the injury there's no reason he wouldn't have been called by now.

I don't know...looming trade deadline might be a reason.

We'll see Wednesday.

Once all the trade deadline asset valuation protocols are finished, the basic tradeoff is is a 2nd month of MLB practice for the 2024 postseason of more value than constraining them under 45 days of service?    Mayo and Holliday fundamentally similar as chalk 2025 Rookie of the Year favorites if eligible.

I think I know what Corbin Burnes and Craig Kimbrel would say.     Probably Adley Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson too, however close friends they are with Jorge Mateo and Ryan.

2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Keep in mind at the time he may have felt Mayo was more of a fit over Stowers. Now Kjerstad is up. 

Tonight we saw Kjerstad whiff on a ball in LF that needed to be caught. 

Mayo’s fielding percentage is .928 at 3rd and .948 at 1B. The average MLB % at 3rd is .962 and at 1B is .994.  

I like Coby, don’t want him traded but for crying out loud the lack of defensive concern from people floors me. What position do people think he should be playing at? You going to run him out there at those spots fielding like that? We already have a DH in O’Hearn on the roster.

He will be up at some point to hit LHP. 

Just now, oriolediehard said:

Why are we not bringing up Mayo?  We need hitting!

See Norby fall on his face trying to field a ball on a likely out last night? See Kjerstad stutterstep and run face-first into a wall and fall down on a ball that had a 99% catch probability? See Gunnar booting balls and throwing them away? Mayo would fit right in I guess.

Just now, Malike said:

See Norby fall on his face trying to field a ball on a likely out last night? See Kjerstad stutterstep and run face-first into a wall and fall down on a ball that had a 99% catch probability? See Gunnar booting balls and throwing them away? Mayo would fit right in I guess.

They are all bat and no glove.  Those are what Elias drafted?

16 hours ago, Keygans said:

He won't be up until after the trade deadline when the parts 'in front of him' are moved. 

That would make sense . Let’s clear up the logjam and see where we are after deadline smoke fade away. Plus there is service time clock to sort out