We are light on pitching, and we drafted another guy who has trouble making contact. We chose two defense first outfielders with our last two first round picks. I am really disappointed actually. I think Bradfield has a lot of bust potential, and I think Honeycutt is in the same category. We have a glut of outfielders and very few legit pitching prospects. Really baffled by this move. 

4 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

This might be the most Elias pick ever.

We need pitching. I think we have enough college outfielders. That said, Honeycutt has a nice ceiling and I like having him in the organization.

You want them to draft baseball players based on need?  That’s based.  

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

We are light on pitching, and we drafted another guy who has trouble making contact. We chose two defense first outfielders with our last two first round picks. I am really disappointed actually. I think Bradfield has a lot of bust potential, and I think Honeycutt is in the same category. We have a glut of outfielders and very few legit pitching prospects. Really baffled by this move. 

I think the goal is to develop them and then refuse to trade them while they gather dust in Norfolk.  😆

• Haha 3

Honeycutt is tooled up but he’s a lot like Fabian and Horvath when it comes to hitting but we’ll see.   I don’t have much hope for Fabian.  Horvath has done some nice things but he’s hitting .237 in A+.   Another NC guy as well.    

6 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

What’s this mean? Book isn’t done on Fabian yet. 

If you believe in Fabian, then no need.  I want some elite arms in the system.  Hope the next pick is an arm or high schooler. High school because when we go that way it seems to work well. 

Just now, RZNJ said:

Honeycutt has a high ceiling.   Not sure what you mean here.

I'm not surprised.

I was responding to this part:

Whoever it is will have a flaw.

I was suggesting you could pick a low ceiling guy without a "flaw" in his game and then I was asking if the low ceiling in and of itself would count as a flaw.

That help?

• Upvote 1

Fabian and Honeycutt are not the same players. Honeycutt is Fabian on steroids. Honeycutt 65 homerun and 76 SB in 3 seasons. Fabian 56 HR and 26 SB in 4 seasons. Honeycutt 1050 OPS , Fabian 925. 

• Upvote 4