Heston Kjerstad 2024

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Pretty much the same for me, and I'm a musician and supposedly more exposed to the so-called drug culture the last 40 years. But I'm also 62 and not hip to the street, as such. 

For the record, if he starts blazing at the bat like Gunnar early on, I'll be happy to call him Kjer-STUD. 

I hope I was clear, that I do not run in musician circles that do anything stronger than pot. That's about as wild as my musical network gets. I don't partake as smoking adversely affects my voice. 

I may have heard of Special K on some crime show, but it wasn't anything that stuck in my head. The cereal is what comes to mind. I like the Silent K nickname better anyway. 

On 9/22/2024 at 4:53 AM, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Feels almost like a wasted year for him.  Have we learned anything new about him this year as a potential player?  

Sure we have.  He's shown that his power plays at the big league level and that he's not overmatched against major league pitching.  He needs to learn how to recognize pitches breaking out of the strike zone, like most rookies.  But I'm confident that he belongs in the lineup the rest of the season and that we can pencil him into the lineup going forward--whether at RF or DH will depend on what we do in the offseason.