Dean Kremer starts tonight for the first time since May...what are you expecting, what will you be satisfied with?

Roy Firestone

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And Corbin Carroll too with his .210/.301/.311 slash line this season.

I remember seeing a theory that his ongoing shoulder issues are causing his mechanics to get out of whack.  He's played badly since he re-injured it last season.

8 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

He had bicep soreness, and he was out for much longer than expected. Then he pitched poorly in rehab games. I hope he can go 5 innings, but I'm not sure he's ready to pitch. This is going to be a test. Seattle isn't a good hitting team, but if Kremer cant command his pitches it could be a long night for the Orioles and an early exit for Kremer. What say you?

It's against Seattle, so I'm expecting 5IP / 2ERs

10 minutes ago, baltimoriole said:

Impressive start by Kremer, but Seattle is the worse offense in the MLB. Heck when kjerstad was in Norfolk, that line up was worlds better than the Mariners. Let’s see it against a team with a pulse.

Chicago , Oakland, and Miami are all worse offenses

2 hours ago, baltimoriole said:

Impressive start by Kremer, but Seattle is the worse offense in the MLB. Heck when kjerstad was in Norfolk, that line up was worlds better than the Mariners. Let’s see it against a team with a pulse.

The Mariners have the 8th-worst offense in MLB. Or 23nd-best. As measured by either wRC+ or OPS+. They look worse than they are because of a park that suppresses runs by 8% or so.

On the other hand, that means that their 3.77 team ERA is really just a tick above average. And about on par with the Cubs' 4.46.

While you're probably exaggerating about Norfolk, the Tides are playing in 5+ run a game baseball, almost a Colorado context. Factor in that runs are worth whole lot less there and the level of the competition and the Mariners' offense is obviously better. Overall the Tides have a .798 OPS in what's now a hitter's paradise in AAA. If you promoted them all at once to the Majors my guess is they'd OPS something like .650 as a group in OPACY, if they're lucky, or perhaps .600 in Seattle. Or look at it this way... the Tides' pitchers are giving up 5.7 runs per game, a tick better than (by far) the worst MLB team, the Rockies. So if you promoted the whole Norfolk team they'd not only score the fewest runs in MLB, but allow something like seven runs a game and would end up probably playing .150 or .200 ball.

A good rule of thumb in today's game is a player will lose 150-200 points of OPS moving from Norfolk to Baltimore.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Upvote 1