7/3 vs Mariners

7 minutes ago, 86this said:

Were there any strange noises (beating of a garbage container) during those 14 pitches?  

Meh, cheating to some degree is inherent in the game itself. I know you're joking, but how are the Yankees and Red Sox less culpable than the Astros? Cell phone use to tip pitches is more subtle, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Meh, cheating to some degree is inherent in the game itself. I know you're joking, but how are the Yankees and Red Sox less culpable than the Astros? Cell phone use to tip pitches is more subtle, I guess.

Are they joking?

You still got folks butthurt over the whole thing. 

Cheating has been part of the game since day one.

Just the classic case of MLB getting all upset and making an example out of group to try and pretend they fixed everything.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are they joking?

You still got folks butthurt over the whole thing. 

Cheating has been part of the game since day one.

Just the classic case of MLB getting all upset and making an example out of group to try and pretend they fixed everything.

Right, and for all that they "fixed" what happened to the Astros players? Not even one player suspended. Just Hinch and Luhnow, but no players. Why? Because they had no evidence. The players corroborated the league's suspicions based on immunity for any wrongdoing. So, they cooperated and then punished the franchise by taking away a first round pick? (two years in a row?). Fine. But don't exclude the big market teams from the same justice. New York (where are the league offices again?), Boston and Los Angeles were all cheating on different levels using various techniques. 

Some fans like to point fingers, maybe that helps.

To be clear, I thought the earlier post was just a joke. So, not looking for a fight. It just strikes me as strange.