7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

To be fair, all five of those home runs came in the first week of June. In his last 20 games he has 5 XBH, all doubles.

Cowser had 5 HRs and 9 RBI and a .679 OPS in June, but Mounty is the problem?

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m feeling a little Roy-ish tonight.  It makes me uneasy when we have a chance to break it open early and settle for a small lead.  

Suarez is doing his best to settle me down. 

You have seemed grumpier lately. 

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

we're not getting these balls to drop.. letting Oakland hang around..I dont like it

That one dropped.   I think Hays is up to something like .380 average since the start of June now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• One wonders knowing what we know now how LAA won the original Ohtani competition.     Was it just as simple as the unique opportunity to test yourself with Mike Trout everyday, plus that org being the one to yield to letting him do what he wanted to do? It is a gift for the game he got the chance, and not a case he had to worry about making in Contract2. Reid Detmers career development was just roadkill as a flawed organization desperately tried to keep it okay for the golden goose.    Fortunate for us they needed Dylan Bundy's immediate help and would invest Kyle Bradish's future potential to bolster those couple years teams.
    • But is his defense better than Norby's?
    • I never learned what that means, but I’m expecting that Skubal does not get traded and we do acquire Kikuchi, because he’s just the kind of mediocrity that Mike chooses to buy
    • Jordan Westburg just finished game 162 of his career last night at age 25 and 157 days.  He already has one all-star appearance and his offensive numbers are similar to Gunnar's first 162 (obviously, Gunnar was several years younger).  MLB debut - June 26, 2023 (age - 24 and 128 days).  Best game - I am going with April 10, 2024, where he went 2-3 with 1 2b, 1 hr, 3 rbi, and a hbp.  In that game, Westburg went deep off Chris Martin in the 7th inn, 2 on, 2 outs to deep CF, propelling the O's to a 7-5 win over Boston. rWAR - 3.5 fWAR - 3.7                                          
    • Yeah sorry. I don’t know how to cut Twitter feeds but it was quoted by Melewski. The question was do the Orioles looks to AAA for help?     Hyde: "We’re in first place. To get younger, I don’t know. The roster questions are more directed to Mike. We have conversations about our roster constantly but we’ll see what happens here at the deadline too. Lot cld happen this week."
    • The Dodgers won 104 games very recently. They also lost 16  of 17 games in one stretch.I'm not comparing the two situations, but I will say, every team goes through struggles, and hopefully we will add some depth to the pitching and try a new lineup next week. A lineup that will include Coby Mayo. And others on the mound. Maybe that will change things. I hope I'm right.
    • Talented kid with a lot of service time. His FIP is 4.4 and his xERA is 3.64. Lots of Ks and misses bats. Walk rate a little high and HR rate too high. Statcast page is solid. Get him away from that train wreck of an organization and I think he can flourish.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now