Trading for Tarik Skubal

Greg Pappas

4 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

The Tigers have been on a tear and are edging back into the wild card picture.  I don't think Skubal is going to be on the market anymore.  

It's an up hill battle.  Tigers lost today and now play the Guardians and Twins until the deadline.  

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

It was a typo.  I know how to spell Rubenstein.   A serious doubt that Cal cares about spelling on a message board.   I hope his life is fuller than that.

I seriously doubt that frequent posters on message boards - including this one - care much about the fullness of Cal's life.  Typos happen.  NBD.

10 hours ago, 24fps said:

Normally I don't give a crap about other people's grammar or spelling but names are different.  New minority owner Cal Ripkin would be appalled at such disregard toward his partner don't you think?

If anyone wants to know if Roch reads the OH, just check out his blog today about  misspellings.

• Upvote 1

Norby and Stowers getting spelled out in Morosi's update almost makes me wonder if even Elias is strategically leaking to try and manage Tigers fans expectations for his colleague/competitor Scott Harris.

Scott Harris can have the world's biggest pile of Norbys and Stowerses, and maybe win the AL Central in Jackson Jobe's rookie year.    He can also do this with Tarik Skubal, but that costs more money and expends potential $$$/WAR efficiency.

11 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

The Tigers have been on a tear and are edging back into the wild card picture.  I don't think Skubal is going to be on the market anymore.  

If the Tigers are making decisions based on their slim chances of grabbing a wild card spot this year, they’re stupider than I thought.   

The real question for them is whether they realistically can contend in 2025-26 with or without Skubal, and what they can get for him in exchange.   

8 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Tigers thing could be just a ploy to get other teams to up their offer.

The mere notion that Elias would be using the media for his benefit blows my ever loving mind. That's stuff only the Yankees and Heyman do!!!!!!! 😂

• Upvote 1