We had base hit turn into a DP.

Natty

They're really doing everything wrong at the moment. 

They need to try to get Gunnar to stop trying to do too much.  He should have been prepared at 2B for a potential double play(not sure they would have gotten it, but he eliminated any chance).

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

They're really doing everything wrong at the moment. 

They need to try to get Gunnar to stop trying to do too much.  He should have been prepared at 2B for a potential double play(not sure they would have gotten it, but he eliminated any chance).

Yes they are not playing well but if you step back a little bit they just went 3-3 on a road trip.  Not a disaster.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Yes they are not playing well but if you step back a little bit they just went 3-3 on a road trip.  Not a disaster.  

I'm good.  Gunnar sometimes tries to do a bit more than he needs to. 

I feel better about the team just having Norby hopefully getting some regular reps at 2B and Westburg at 3B.

At work so I haven't seen the play.   What I assume from what I have read is bad send to Mullins, he was going to be out by a mile, got caught in a rundown ... OK, that happens.

But to get him in the rundown AND get Mountcastle at 2nd?   Had to be some really stupid baserunning by Mounty, right?

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

At work so I haven't seen the play.   What I assume from what I have read is bad send to Mullins, he was going to be out by a mile, got caught in a rundown ... OK, that happens.

But to get him in the rundown AND get Mountcastle at 2nd?   Had to be some really stupid baserunning by Mounty, right?

No rundown. I think Ryan reacted late. 

25 minutes ago, accinfo said:

They were outplayed and barely won one game against the worst team in the NL after a comedy of mistakes. They are 12-16 in their last 28 games. Not a disaster, because it's just a game. Just pretty bad.

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

No rundown. I think Ryan reacted late. 

I think he was probably shocked that Mullins was going and the throw went home, leading to his late reaction heading to 2nd.

Good grief! I am at work and last time I checked the O's had a six run lead and seemed to be totally cruising. I'm so, so glad I wasn't following the game when they blew the lead. My place of work would not tolerate a screaming, total meltdown rant.