O's acquire LHP Trevor Rogers from Marlins

RVAOsFan

2 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Bad gamble by ME thinking he can get a return to form. High price, and won’t help.

and now we’ve lost two significant pieces…and we need a 2b too

Thankfully we have one at AAA

• Upvote 1

Yikes.. I am glad that Kyle will get a chance but I was kinda hoping that they would hang onto Norby. 

There's some to like about Rogers (he's a lefty and not a rookie who is struggling to throw the ball across the plate) but man, would have liked to see them be a little more aggressive. I guess he slots into the 5 spot in the rotation. 

Burnsie

GrayRod

Efflin

Kremer

Rogers 

On paper, that's a much better rotation than Burnes, GrayRod, Kremer, Povich and Suarez and it pushes Berto into the pen where he probably profiles best. 

I hope they are still targeting a lefty reliever, even if they believe Danny will return before the end of August.  

• Upvote 2

Fact that Norby/Stowers are blocked is irrelevant.  I can't imagine they didn't have more value than this. Yes, Rogers is controllable, but controllable mediocrity (unless I am missing something).

It feels like a lot to give up, but at least you can't say Elias is sitting on his thumbs and afraid to trade prospects.  Plus, Stowers and Norby probably weren't in our long term plans anyway.  

Rogers is interesting, if he can find what he had his rookie season, this could work out very well for us.  If he pitches like he did two years ago it could be a disaster. 

I wonder if this means we bring up Holliday?

4 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Bad gamble by ME thinking he can get a return to form. High price, and won’t help.

and now we’ve lost two significant pieces…and we need a 2b too

I mean - Norby and Stowers are not significant pieces... and they have Holliday and Mayo waiting in the wings to help in the infield.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Glad Stowers will get a chance to play everyday. I think he is a big leaguer.

Better opportunity for both of them. And I agree about Stowers...I think he will become a ML regular.