Here's the thread where you apologize for doubting Guthrie

Carroll County

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Cough* Bump *Cough* ;)

It's the return of one of my favorite ongoing threads, although I had to dig for it as the search function still isn't working properly for me.

Granted it's only 2 starts, but at this point I'll take it. I would really like to see Guthrie finish out the season with some good starts. One to give me some confidence that he can contribute to this rotation in 2010 and two that he can stay healthy for an entire season.

Thank you. Great thread title.

Prior to this year, he had 3 solid years in a row (counting his last MiL season, which is when it appears that he figured out something)... guys have off-years, it happens... it doesn't mean that previous success was a mirage... I'm trusting that those 3 solid years are real and that his struggles this year are the fluke.

• 10 months later...

Bump.

Face it, last year was the fluke, not the 2 years before that. The guy is a solid #2 SP, and right now he's the best SP we've got. Unlike prior years, this year that's actually saying something...

Hahaha, wow, old thread. Needless to say I was bullish on Guthrie going into last season and he disappointed.

Obviously I'm not still so bullish on him, but he is starting to put together a nice little season. I definitely think we should trade him if we can get a decent prospect/package for him.

Hahaha, wow, old thread. Needless to say I was bullish on Guthrie going into last season and he disappointed.

Obviously I'm not still so bullish on him, but he is starting to put together a nice little season. I definitely think we should trade him if we can get a decent prospect/package for him.

I think it's win-win. AM gets his prime deal for Guts... or we still have Guts. :D

Archived