Promotions?

btdart20

5 hours ago, btdart20 said:

Draft:  done and signed.  How long is new hire orientation?

Trade deadline:  done and thinned out AAA

FCL season: done 

Gotta think promotions should be happening soon.

I don’t expect many promotions.   Basallo, Bradfield, Estrada ?    I don’t think the first two have forced the issue but the organization might want to give them a taste of the next level.  I’m not sure I expect more than O’Ferrall, Honeycutt, and Anderson to be at Delmarva for the final month.  We might actually see a release or demotion or two.

Most of the pitchers have already been promoted.   Maybe Blake Money moves up to Aberdeen.

Such a slow year promotion wise but we do know Elias likes to promote guys late to give them a taste of the next level.  Looks like 5 weeks left for Delmarva and Aberdeen, 6 for Bowie and 7 for Norfolk.  I think the 3 mentioned above have the best shot and if Bradfield in particular continues his heater I think he's in AA soon. 

I'm glad to see they didn't move a bunch of Bowie guys up. I'd rather lose with the 4A guys and make the Bowie guys earn a promotion. Numbers don't look that good from guys I thought would be better.

• Upvote 1

Also saw from (x) Eric_Birdland that the O's promoted 19 year-old Fernando Perguero from FCL to Norfolk.  He's 3 for 7 with 3k.  He skipped A, A+ and AA!

Edited by 86this
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 86this said:

Also saw from (x) Eric_Birdland that the O's promoted 19 year-old Fernando Perguero from FCL to Norfolk.  He's 3 for 7 with 3k.  He skipped A, A+ and AA!

Happy to see for Estrada!  He's one of my favorites.  I thought they might leave him in low A all year but good to see the challenge.

The Perguero move has to be either a mistake or a paper move.

1 hour ago, 86this said:

Anytime you see them take a guy and promote him to a level he has no business being at (Peguero, Noelberth Romero, Angel Tejada, etc) it generally means they don’t consider them to be a real prospect anymore because they would never skip a real prospect even one level.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Anytime you see them take a guy and promote him to a level he has no business being at (Peguero, Noelberth Romero, Angel Tejada, etc) it generally means they don’t consider them to be a real prospect anymore because they would never skip a real prospect even one level.

Yep, it's a move based on organizational need.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Happy to see for Estrada!  He's one of my favorites.  I thought they might leave him in low A all year but good to see the challenge.

The Perguero move has to be either a mistake or a paper move.

Looks like they are making room at Delmarva for probably O’Ferrall and Anderson from our 2024 draft.   No idea on the pitcher.   They recently added Yeiber Cartaya from the FCL and gave him a start.   They had him clocked at 94/95 in the first inning.  I only saw fastballs and sliders but he looked good.   So the pitcher could be another FCL promotion, a draftee, or even someone coming off the IL.   Guess we’ll find out soon.

I wonder if we see EBJ to Bowie, and Basallo to Norfolk?

There’s not a lot left bat wise to talk about promotions right now though. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fabian or Beavers put up better numbers in AAA. Norfolk has a good hitting environment now. 

7 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Where should we expect them to assign Honeycutt and by when?

The Orioles have typically been slow to get their recent draft picks signed into play and with draft pushed so far back now, maybe be another week or two before we see Honeycutt. Some of the guys that signed quickly though could start popping into games this week or next depending how they look down in Florida game shape wise.

I am kind of on pins and needles to see if Norfolk Basallo occurs today.    To the extent of noticing at least Melewski was precise he was reporting on Delmarva to Aberdeen promotions.     A writer might not deploy that modifier if it was a Sunday night comprehensive report.

In the name of Shane McClanahan, you haven't been really Raysian until you've thrown a talent on your playoff bench and sent them to AAA the following spring.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, it's a move based on organizational need.

The crazy thing is that the kid, while being 19, is 4 for 11 at AAA so far.  Obviously a ridiculously small sample size but he's hanging in there.