8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

Good job!

A split on the road against the best team in baseball is not a bad outcome, especially when your ace has his worst game of the year.   And we came into the series having won 4 of our past 5 games.

Some strong signs that the hitting slump might be over, some significant contributions from new faces.   Still in 1st place.

4 shutout innings from the much maligned bullpen today.

A lot to like right now.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Palmer I guess is just off. Brown has been on here and there. Doing some ESPN stuff. 

Ben and Jim pretty much split duties. 

Yeah, for MASN TV:

Play by Play:  Kevin Brown is primary.   But between some vacation time that all announcers get, and his work for ESPN, he misses quite a few games (maybe 40-50 by the end of the year???).   When he isn't there, the PBP is a mixture of guys from MASN or from the radio crew:  Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander, Ben Wagner, Melanie Newman I think all have done PBP at least once this year, maybe even Scott Garceau once?

Color commentary:  Primarily split between Ben and JIm, with a schedule that is set before the season.   But they had some "auditions" by guys like Brad Brach, Brian Roberts, and Gregg Olson for a series or two each.   And I believe when Palmer had Covid Dave Johnson filled i for a few games.