We're going to be okay.

interloper

Baseball is such a weird game.  Teams can go hot and cold for long periods of time.  

The silver lining for me is that our two month long slump has basically been .500 baseball.  I’ve seen slumps way worse than that, even for good teams.  I feel like if we just got a few things to click, we could return to winning baseball.  We do have some important pieces that will return at some point who will help.  

Also, after the Astros and Dodgers gauntlet, our schedule eases up for a while: 3 at COL, 3 CWS, 3 TBR, 3 at BOS, 3 at DET, 3 at SFG, 3 DET.  Let’s just hope we stay afloat for these next 7.   

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Corbin Burnes needs to start pitching well again.  He's been concerning the past few games.  

That said Suarez, Kremer and Povich really showed something each of their last times out.

Assuming Eflin and Grayson come back ok, then I'm guessing Suarez or Kremer goes to the pen if Povich stays up.  Or perhaps Povich to the pen to finish the year.  Maybe it's best if Grayson finishes the season in the pen if the lat remains a concern.

We need to find creative ways to bolster the bullpen even if Coulombe and Webb come back healthy and effective.  Others have mentioned Brandon Young, though perhaps McDermott too.

I don’t think McDermott is pitching more this season.

Rutschman needs to figure it out. His struggles have been noted on here but I feel like they’re still being understated. We saw how they became competitive as soon as he was called up. It’s no coincidence that their worst stretch in 2 seasons coincides with his worst 2 month stretch as a major leaguer. 

• Upvote 1

We are finished....2006/07 Mets and 2011 Red Sox. Yes, this is reactive. We look like a little league team. Burnes is going to get a massive contract despite his garbage ERA in the 2nd half. I wish him nothing but the worst if he signs away after crapping the bed with us. 

I still think we will get in playoffs but lots of concern even Burnes who isn’t on the IL does not look good.  There isn’t any crispness to his pitches or that extra giddy up the baseball that beats the hitters.  He should be eating up the bottom order guys but he isn’t and can’t seem to make a big pitch when he needs to like he has done most his career.  The fact Hyde said he wouldn’t move up for start yesterday even though it was normal rest was bit concerning to me.  

3 hours ago, EddeeEddee said:

Corbin Burnes needs to start pitching well again.  He's been concerning the past few games.  

That said Suarez, Kremer and Povich really showed something each of their last times out.

Assuming Eflin and Grayson come back ok, then I'm guessing Suarez or Kremer goes to the pen if Povich stays up.  Or perhaps Povich to the pen to finish the year.  Maybe it's best if Grayson finishes the season in the pen if the lat remains a concern.

We need to find creative ways to bolster the bullpen even if Coulombe and Webb come back healthy and effective.  Others have mentioned Brandon Young, though perhaps McDermott too.

Didn't happen today. Last 3 games: 15 IP, 21 H, 15 earned runs.