8/23 vs Houston

eddie83

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

Two months of trash baseball just hoping the Yankees would lose as well. I guess we now have 1.5 months of trash baseball to look forward to just hoping the Red Sox lose.

I don’t care about NYY right now TBH. Not saying that to be snarky either. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Lmao were people clapping for him? He is awful. If he is the future of pitching then the O’s are going to be back to the dark ages.

Pitching, we don't need no freaking pitching, the O's are going to score 12 runs a game.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I don’t care about NYY right now TBH. Not saying that to be snarky either. 

I know. I was saying we spent June and July hoping for the Yankees to lose, as we struggled. 

That ship may have sailed, so now we've moved on to hoping the Red Sox lose. 

If we happen to make the playoffs this will be one of the most glaring examples of "backing our way in" I can remember.

Just now, terpoh said:

I know. I was saying we spent June and July hoping for the Yankees to lose, as we struggled. 

That ship may have sailed, so now we've moved on to hoping the Red Sox lose. 

If we happen to make the playoffs this will be one of the most glaring examples of "backing our way in" I can remember.

Cheering for the O's to win a game this time.

24 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

If Povich could cut his walks by 20%, he could be really something.

but, going back to the issue of Mike Elias’s off-season planning it was very unwise to go into the season with Povich and McDermott as your depth.

Elias built the team not to have meaningful pitching depth in the system. He apparently expected to pick  pitchers, many of whom would be acquired on the cheap after not making the grade with other teams and then improved by the Orioles' superior analytic and coaching tools. He did get starters to fill out the rotation, but did not build depth.

It hasn't worked out very well.

• Upvote 1