8/25 vs Houston on ESPN 7PM

Tony-OH

Notice a pattern with this team? Usually slow start, cant move runners...hope to get the starter out, and ONLY THEN do we come up with some runs..and by then it's usually out of reach...we went from a confident team to a team that is lucky to get a split in a 4 game series and happy to get it....

Conor Norby went 3 for 4 today with a HR.  Meanwhile, mostly due to injuries, our lineup sports Austin Slater, Eloy Jimenez and Emmanuel Rivera.  Any wonder this team is struggling to get hits?

Also, I don't get why Slater is always leading off against lefties when he's a reverse split guy.  He's been pretty good against righties but not so much against lefties.  Where is Ryan McKenna when you need him?  Despite all the injuries this lineup is not a good look for the Elias front office.  

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Holliday has a slow throw to first

His mechanics are all over the place. To end the game the other night-wasn't rushed he side armed a throw from maybe 40 feet.  When his arm drops down his throws tail and there is often no reason for him to lower his arm angle-unless he is injured or lazy.

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

Conor Norby went 3 for 4 today with a HR.  Meanwhile, mostly due to injuries, our lineup sports Austin Slater, Eloy Jimenez and Emmanuel Rivera.  Any wonder this team is struggling to get hits?

Also, I don't get why Slater is always leading off against lefties when he's a reverse split guy.  He's been pretty good against righties but not so much against lefties.  Where is Ryan McKenna when you need him?  Despite all the injuries this lineup is not a good look for the Elias front office.  

That is not true. They got him to play vs LHP. Look at his career. Hit very well for us. 

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Notice a pattern with this team? Usually slow start, cant move runners...hope to get the starter out, and ONLY THEN do we come up with some runs..and by then it's usually out of reach...we went from a confident team to a team that is lucky to get a split in a 4 game series and happy to get it....

NO I DON'T NOTICE A PATTERN.

1st inning: 71 runs, 7th in baseball.

2nd inning: 75 runs, 5th in baseball.

3rd inning: 88 runs, FIRST in baseball.

WHY do you keep spouting this NONSENSE when you are told time and time again it's NOT TRUE?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Norby was the lynchpin all along.