My dumb question of the day:

DocJJ

Should we keep Holliday up?  Once he passes 130 at-bats for the season (13 to go), he can't be conisdered a rookie next year.  The only down side to that is if he wins ROY next season that translates into a bonus good draft pick...

I think we should keep him up- mostly because we don't really have anyone else left at this point....

We don’t have a lot of great alternatives at 2B right now, so yes, we should keep him up.  At this point, I’d rather have him get as far up the learning curve as possible this season, which will help him be a major contributor next season.  

I'd prefer we keep him and let him learn ML pitching.. but, If we sent him down, and brought up another (Mayo or ANY other "drafted by the Orioles") player from the minors.. I'd be okay with the following. I do NOT want to see any player grabbed off the waiver wire (today, or in the past) to replace him. I'm dead set against it happening to begin with.

We're giving away too many players without giving them a fair shot, getting little in return. Also, the position player replacements don't have a future here anyway.

Holliday should and probably will stay up because the goal of the team is to go deep into the playoffs and he gives the best chance for that to  happen.

Urias is an alternative at 2nd base.    Mayo or Rivera can play 3B depending of whether the team wants offense or defense.   Westburg will play 3B when he returns.

However I believe Holliday stays up because he offers the best chance to win.

With all of the injuries and shortcomings of some of the other hitters in mind, he should be here to stay. There's really no one left to call up. 

They don't even have another healthy OF'er on the 40 man to replace Mullins if needed. The IF depth is pretty depleted as well. Like I said the other day,  the cupboards aren't bare but we're using the Ramen now.

Gotta just stick with him at this point. No one around to replace him.

Not to mention, he’s a net positive for the team overall…and this team will need all the help it can get if they’re gonna limp into the playoffs this year. 

There are a million reasons to say no to this but the only one I need is that they just brought up Livan Soto to replace RMC.  If that isn't evidence that there's no one left in Norfolk to help (other than Mayo, who brings his own issues), then I don't know what is.