9/1 Roster Moves

Brian88

3 hours ago, Pushmonkey said:

My point is the bullpen is shot. An extra arm is shot and I don’t have faith Effie is going deep today. Who’s pitching behind him. Banjo sure why not. 

7 Strong, BP reset. What are you doing PH for Roy. Good job

5 hours ago, Pushmonkey said:

I guess. This is the most logical. I just think it’s short sighted. I get it’s not easy to get people on short notice. I get that moves will be made tomorrow. I just disagree that it can’t be done and something needs to be done and not leave the team with Rivera and sota as the bench. I don’t get the bull pen management. If you agree that every move is fine then just bend over for Ellis and Hyde to do the same moves every time. 

I’m just catching up on this thread now. Every time I think to myself, your posts can’t get any more ridiculous and you manage to top yourself. 

47 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Speaking of roster moves, this is your daily reminder of what a horrible trade it was to give up Norby and Stowers for a guy who had to be sent down in Trevor Rogers. Norby has a MLB OPS over 1.000

Man I hated that trade. How good would Norby's RHB look in this lineup right now the way they have been struggling for some time  now. 

6 hours ago, rm5678 said:

I agree with all of this. The only thing I'm confused about is why they didn't add Nick Anderson by last night's 11:59pm postseason eligibility deadline.

He’s in the org so he can replace an injured pitcher, for what that’s worth. 

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Speaking of roster moves, this is your daily reminder of what a horrible trade it was to give up Norby and Stowers for a guy who had to be sent down in Trevor Rogers. Norby has a MLB OPS over 1.000

Stowers also hit a home run today and has been much better for the Marlins recently.

It was such an awful trade. Stowers should have been traded for a reliever, and Elias should have held onto Norby, especially after Hays was traded. This has been a terrible season for Elias managing the major league roster. 

Edited by Brooks The Great
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Maybe Irvin (on 3 days rest, 60 pitches) is in the pen and Young gets called up for Kremer next start, or Rogers.

Did they ever say why Young was scratched? Have to think he is on the way, either for bullpen or rotation. 

Just now, Baseball fandom said:

That's cool and all and encouraging but damn a guy they picked up at the deadline you didn't expect to be banish to triple A after a month that you gave up a good prospect in Norby for. 

1) you are overrating the value and worth of Norby

2) I agree it hasn’t worked out for this season…the trade wasn’t about this season though.