White Sox Series

Uli2001

The Orioles haven't won three games in a row in more than two months... is it too much to ask that they do that at home against the worst baseball team in modern history?

It probably is. They will drop a lazy loss in there, just as they did in this series against Colorado.

3 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

The current White Sox team record is 31-107 with about 24 games left ?  The Orioles ‘ worst team record is 47-115 for 2018 season .  Which of these two teams will have worse team record by end of this season. ?

You think the White Soxs have 8 wins in them?  I'd be shocked.  Soxs are going for infamy in 2024.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

The current White Sox team record is 31-107 with about 24 games left ?  The Orioles ‘ worst team record is 47-115 for 2018 season .  Which of these two teams will have worse team record by end of this season. ?

The White Sox would have to go 16-8 to match the 2018 Orioles.  That's not happening.

To beat the 1962 Mets .250 winning %, the White Sox will need to finish 10-14.  I think that's probably a stretch as well with the September Effect.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

They need to go 12-12 to avoid matching the 1962 New York Mets. Let's hope they don't start their comeback against Burnes.

• Upvote 1

I’d say 2 of 3 is a pretty low threshold but this is the 2024 2nd half O’s we’re talking about. I think a couple losses are certainly a distinct possibility.

Having said that, this would be the perfect time to get a sweep under your belt and use that momentum to snag 1st from NYY. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles haven't won three games in a row in more than two months... is it too much to ask that they do that at home against the worst baseball team in modern history?

It probably is. They will drop a lazy loss in there, just as they did in this series against Colorado.

Yep I agree. You can count on it.