Time for the Boys to return

wildcard

I am tired of losing.   Time to get the Boys off the IL and back in action.

I am for Coulombe and Kjerstad  in Detroit tomorrow.   I would like to see Kjerstad in the lineup as the DH with  his 790 OPS.   Give Gunner, Santander and Cedric some help.  

I am fine with optioning Mayo or Liv Soto for 10 days.   Maton is needed to backup the infield.   He has no options.   

Smith can go for Coulombe.    

Edited by wildcard

Just now, wildcard said:

I am for Coulombe and Kjerstad  in Detroit tomorrow.   I would like to see Kjerstad in the lineup as the DH with  his. 790 OPS.   Give Gunner, Santander and Cedric some help.  

I am fine with optioning Mayo or Liv Soto for 10 days.   Maton is needed to backup the infield.   He has no options.   

I'm expecting Kjerstad, Coulombe and Webb back over the next week. 

Putting DC on the active roster right now is an absurd thought. He needs to pitch more. His velo was down yesterday. He’s still building up his arm And isn’t throwing all out yet.

Kjerstad just played his first full game yesterday. He still isn’t playing in the field. They will be careful with him, as they should. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I am for Coulombe and Kjerstad  in Detroit tomorrow.   I would like to see Kjerstad in the lineup as the DH with  his 790 OPS.   Give Gunner, Santander and Cedric some help.  

As much as I would like to have all these guys back, we need to be patient until they are ready. They ain't ready. 

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Putting DC on the active roster right now is an absurd thought. He needs to pitch more. His velo was down yesterday. He’s still building up his arm And isn’t throwing all out yet.

Kjerstad just played his first full game yesterday. He still isn’t playing in the field. They will be careful with him, as they should. 

Kjerstad has played in like 4 or so games I believe.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os aren’t going to bring him up before they play him in the field to make sure that doesn’t effect him. 

You're probably correct. I want him back as soon as possible, especially considering that we didn't know for sure that he would be available again this season. 

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os aren’t going to bring him up before they play him in the field to make sure that doesn’t effect him. 

The season is short enough from here the Ohtani role could be possible.    There is health but also rust on a sliding scale, as will also be the case for whoever of Westburg, Urias and Mountcastle make it back.

Hyde can almost retire the "half a day off their feet" thing for the streamer DH's of the 162-game grind...it'll be a mostly set lineup soon.

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m aware…but he hasn’t played in the field and last night was the first game he played the whole game.

To slightly clarify.  He has played some in the field at Aberdeen and at Bowie so far.  But not for 9 innings.  On Sunday for example he played RF at Aberdeen and then left early.

Yesterday he was at DH and that was the first time he played all 9.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Don't you think Hyde and Elias want the back ASAP? They haven't been cleared yet. You can't rush this. They could have setbacks. I think it's still going to be a week to 10 days before any of these guys return. I think Urias will be the first.