Sept 15 vs Tigers — which Cade Povich will we get today?

ShoelesJoe

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

and another fail. I'll give that to ya. Still, I'd RATHER he take his hacks and fail knowing he will get into a rhythm with his swing than have some scrub who is someone's DFA taking his place...

Every single pitch was on the outside. He can’t hit that. Better fix it. It’s not about rhythm. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm not so sure that's reassuring. It's possible he's a contingency plan in case Cano doesn't feel right before game time, no?
    • I sort of speculated/questioned this kinda thing in the other thread. Even if CK wasn't the center of it, if you are a Gunnar or more so, someone like Ced who has had his own struggles but has been busting his ass all year to get back to respectability and an eight-figure reliever was getting more leash than other guys while struggling as much or more.. I can't think that doesn't have an impact on how players handle themselves. That isn't to make an excuse for how poorly they've played for the last 10 weeks or so but I have to believe that it contributes to the temperature in the clubhouse. 
    • Hello. I wanted to take the time to personally thank our plus members. Your support over the years have kept the lights on here and enable us to be rewarded a bit for the time put into bringing you this community and content.  We updated the system today and it scrubbed out expired Plus Memberships. This is the first time it scrubbed out pre paypal plus memberships (we no longer go through ccbill), so if you haven't been a plus member since then, you may have been placed as a limited posting member. You will still be able to post and enjoy the site, but here are the advantages of being a plus member vs a limited posting member: Plus Members vs Limited posting Members Message board perks: Ability to Post images directly to the site: Yes/No Search Forums: Yes/No Reputation giving and taking: Yes/No Delete own posts: Yes/No Rate Thread: Yes/No Post Polls: Yes/No Vote in polls: Yes/yes Private message system Stored messages: 250/50 PM persons at one time: 5/1 View persons online: Yes/No Avatar size: 120x120/50x50 See who left reputation: Yes/No Be part of the Cool crowd: Yes/No Become a Plus Member by going to our Store and select plus membership. You can use Paypal or credit card to sign up.  If you were scrubbed in error, please send me a PM on here with the email-address that you signed up for and I will correct the mistake. We thank you for your support and enjoy the board!
    • They absolutely care. It's an injury and talent issue. Adley right now is an average to below average catcher. Holliday and Mayo do not belong in the league. Probably 3 relievers and 1 starter that should not be in the MLB. 
    • Given what has transpired in 2024, I'm putting my money on Cano going to the IL.
  • Popular Contributors