9/15: O's Head Home After A Loss To The Tigers

cboemmeljr

I am shocked how much I have distanced my attention from the Orioles the last two months.  This losing and being helpless to stop the skidding has sapped all my desire to be a fan.   We seem destined to lose fast in the playoffs.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I am shocked how much I have distanced my attention from the Orioles the last two months.  This losing and being helpless to stop the skidding has sapped all my desire to be a fan.   We seem destined to lose fast in the playoffs.  

Yes the same here. They are going to the playoffs and yet I have no feeling towards it whatsoever. Weird feeling. Like you just know they are going to get bounced in the first round. It looks inevitable. I mean you could make a case the Tigers are more deserving of the Orioles spot. They are playing some great baseball of late. 

15 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Yes the same here. They are going to the playoffs and yet I have no feeling towards it whatsoever. Weird feeling. Like you just know they are going to get bounced in the first round. It looks inevitable. I mean you could make a case the Tigers are more deserving of the Orioles spot. They are playing some great baseball of late. 

If they are hitting like this in the playoffs then yes they are going to get bounced early.  However that is not set in stone.  The pitching has been better and hopefully Columbe and Grod make it even better.  I still have hope that Santander, Adley, Cowser, and a healthy Westberg have a hot streak in them and they time it for October.  Along with Gunner of course.  So I am not, not looking forward to playoff baseball.  Winning just one series will erase the second half mediocre play completely from my memories of this year.  

2 hours ago, accinfo said:

If they are hitting like this in the playoffs then yes they are going to get bounced early.  However that is not set in stone.  The pitching has been better and hopefully Columbe and Grod make it even better.  I still have hope that Santander, Adley, Cowser, and a healthy Westberg have a hot streak in them and they time it for October.  Along with Gunner of course.  So I am not, not looking forward to playoff baseball.  Winning just one series will erase the second half mediocre play completely from my memories of this year.  

Cute story and all but this team is just playing bad. It's good that you are keeping the faith to have something to hold onto but man emotionally I have checked out on this team as anything more than a one and done in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Cute story and all but this team is just playing bad. It's good that you are keeping the faith to have something to hold onto but man emotionally I have checked out on this team as anything more than a one and done in the playoffs. 

There is nothing “cute” about my point of view.  That is the way I see it.  Again last year’s World Series teams won 89 and 84 games and had their disappointments in September of last year.  It is hard to say you have checked out when you keep making several posts everyday on how bad the team is and how much you dislike them.   

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

There is nothing “cute” about my point of view.  That is the way I see it.  Again last year’s World Series teams won 89 and 84 games and had their disappointments in September of last year.  It is hard to say you have checked out when you keep making several posts everyday on how bad the team is and how much you dislike them.   

I don't dislike them at all or I wouldn't be here but I'm not going to pretend everything is fine and dandy like some of you do 

And the thing is it's not like the Orioles have only been struggling just in September but since about mid June. I'm not sure if Texas or Arizona played like 6 games under 500 as the Orioles have for 3 months but if they did feel free to tell me. 

17 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

And the thing is it's not like the Orioles have only been struggling just in September but since about mid June. I'm not sure if Texas or Arizona played like 6 games under 500 as the Orioles have for 3 months but if they did feel free to tell me. 

No, Arizona was 84-78 for the entire season which is 6 games above 500 and played in the World Series.  Texas was 15-13 in September and won the World Series.  They didn’t play much better.  I have never nor I don’t think many people here think everything is fine and dandy.  In two weeks this same group of players with some added additions from injuries could play better.  They could play closer to the team which played in April and May.  

No, Arizona was 84-78 for the entire season which is 6 games above 500 and played in the World Series.  Texas was 15-13 in September and won the World Series.  They didn’t play much better.  I have never nor I don’t think many people here think everything is fine and dandy.  In two weeks this same group of players with some added additions from injuries could play better.  They could play closer to the team which played in April and May.  

Well I certainly hope you're right. I would love to be wrong I just have extreme doubts about it.  I think it's a combination of injuries to the pitching staff and the hitting that just went in the tank the past couple of months that has me feeling so negative about their chances 

On 9/16/2024 at 12:54 AM, Baseball fandom said:

They will be better at the plate than the 1974 team, which was a gut punch. Tell you what though, it was easier to watch than the !975 Postseason.