Os vs KC in WC round

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He isn’t going anywhere.  

So he can just stay in Baltimore until he retires and leaves on his own terms? Getting swept in two straight playoffs as the higher seed after a combined 192 regular season wins is unacceptable. It’s not his fault, but results matter. Not saying he’s definitely gone if they lose tomorrow, but to think it’s not even a consideration after these last 2 playoffs (with a loss tomorrow) is crazier than saying he should definitely be gone. 

Just now, LGOrioles said:

So he can just stay in Baltimore until he retires and leaves on his own terms? Getting swept in two straight playoffs as the higher seed after a combined 192 regular season wins is unacceptable. It’s not his fault, but results matter. Not saying he’s definitely gone if they lose tomorrow, but to think it’s not even a consideration after these last 2 playoffs (with a loss tomorrow) is crazier than saying he should definitely be gone. 

No. I don’t think he goes. 

This isn’t football. Elias doesn’t make rash decisions. There is no way he views any series as an indictment of the skipper. 

If he was to move on from Hyde it would be from his overall body of work.  

KC only struck out 3 times against Burnes even though he pitched very well. It’s a team that doesn’t K much. 

I mostly like the remaining pitching matchups but I’m worried they’ll do enough to dink and dunk their way to victory against either Eflin or Kremer.

3 minutes ago, ace20251 said:

Wow Adley has been chosen as the scape goat. This team was terrible until he showed up but whatever,the fans can do as they please. How many more years of Ravens playoff failures until the fans try to run Lamar out of town?

Possibly as early as this year

Just now, eddie83 said:

This isn’t football. Elias doesn’t make rash decisions. There is no way he views any series as an indictment of the skipper. 

Perhaps… or perhaps not.  Managerial replacement is an option often taken even by winning teams that can’t get anywhere in playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m not saying he does either, but speaking of body of work, 0-5 in 2 years in the playoffs is a massive issue. As is the last 90 games this year where the team seemed like they were mentally spiraling with no end in sight.

Hyde’s not the team counselor but they were awful under pressure last year in the playoffs, ditto the last 90 regular season games, and they were today as well. Nothing is wrong strategically with Hyde. But if he can’t get these guys to take a breath and relax in pressure situations, they need to find someone who might help with that. It can’t get much worse than the last 90 some games and all 4 playoff games under his tenure. Hopefully they can win tomorrow and gain some confidence. 

5 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Perhaps… or perhaps not.  Managerial replacement is an option often taken even by winning teams that can’t get anywhere in playoffs. 

This. He’s not bad. But if he goes winless in 2 playoff trips, that’s very bad. 

15 minutes ago, ace20251 said:

Wow Adley has been chosen as the scape goat. This team was terrible until he showed up but whatever,the fans can do as they please. How many more years of Ravens playoff failures until the fans try to run Lamar out of town?

To be fair, Adley is nowhere near comparable to the level of superstar player as Jackson. Adley is a good/all-star level player (excluding the 2nd half of this season). Lamar Jackson is one of the very best players in the National Football League and an absolute superstar type player who garners national attention.

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

For tomorrow's must win/do-or-die game do we sit Mountcastle considering Lugo's splits and go with O'Hearn at 1B and Kjerstad at DH? Also, can we afford to start Rutchsman at C?

Yes and yes.