Still think this team didn't choke under pressure?

Tony-OH

Nothing will change. We’ll get the injury excuses and they won’t sign anyone of note.

I think they just assumed they would repeat 2023’s performance, but so many things went right last year. They should have struck while the iron was hot, but instead made a bunch of “meh” moves ( excluding the Burnes trade) giving off the illusion they were “going for it.”

Anyone who thinks Hyde is getting fired is delusional. Like the Harbaugh Ravens, continuity is the name of the game!

The window has closed.  Oh, they will scuff around .500 and “be competitive “ but like their football neighbors, they will never be elite and will fold when the pressure is on.   The “can’t miss” prospects may be serviceable players but I don’t see them as difference makers.  Way overrated.  

1 minute ago, milbest77 said:

Nothing will change. We’ll get the injury excuses and they won’t sign anyone of note.

I think they just assumed they would repeat 2023’s performance, but so many things went right last year. They should have struck while the iron was hot, but instead made a bunch of “meh” moves ( excluding the Burnes trade) giving off the illusion they were “going for it.”

Anyone who thinks Hyde is getting fired is delusional. Like the Harbaugh Ravens, continuity is the name of the game!

Yeah, this concerns me. I'm a huge fire Harbaugh guy and have been since 2019, and I fear Elias will do the same. Hyde failed. Pure and simple. He was never able to right the ship.

• Upvote 3

These bums don't deserve the support they got from fans all this year. We were impressed by their free-swinging, easy-winning ways early in the season. We were happy when they got into first place for a few weeks and it looked like they'd be able to hold on because the Yankees also had a big slump. But then the Yankees pulled on their grown-up pants and had a good run down the stretch. The O's need to go back to tee-ball.

THE VERY LEAST that must happen in this offseason is to fire our hitting coaches. That is the bare minimum. There are arguments for why we could keep Hyde. There are arguments for why we could keep this core of players. But I swear to everything, if there isn't a new group of hitting coaches on the roster for opening day, I am not spending a single cent on any Orioles or MLB products for the entire season.

Hmmm things keep getting closer to my thread that Elias needs to go

Give him another year, fine, unless they spend big money they are just a .500 team next year

Pitching and defense win championships, Elias has ignored both.

We draft a 1-1 SS and lo and behold he maybe has the arm strength for 2B. We draft OF'ers who can't be trusted to play in Camden yards LF, we hold onto guys like Coby Mayo (should have been trade for pitching) and lo and behold there is no position on the field that he can be trusted to play.

Just like the Orioles for the past 20 years we don't have anyone who can make consistent contact and post a high OBP

The playoff run  for this abomination of a roster is over, and without a single game won.

• Upvote 1

You nailed it. A bunch of losers, whose manager allowed them to do whatever they wanted all season. Swing out of your shoes on every AB, go for it. The approach of the coaching staff, and front office, just doesn’t work. If I owned the team, I’d change the coaching staff completely and make sure Elias understands he has one season to change the approach. 

• Upvote 1

We are going the way of the Blue Jays.  Remember what they looked like they were going to become a few years ago.  Changes need to be made.  Hyde needs to be gone. Guys need to spend the offseason working on their weaknesses. They won’t do this if Hyde is the manager and they know they have a spot secured.  

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

I had them in the Wild Card spot before the season, but also said they would get further in the playoffs. Oh, well. Sucks that the season is over. 

It does, but it doesn't suck that the season is over. This team has sucked the joy out of any Orioles fan who isn't a pollyanna, nothing is wrong, fan.

I for one am glad to not have to be subjected to their unprofessional at bats, choking with RISP, and generally doing what it takes to destroy any fun that it is to watch a baseball game.

• Upvote 1