5/9 Yankees at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm loving those doubles down the third base line by Jones, seen him do it a few times this year so far. 11 doubles on the year, nice! Too bad couldn't follow it up this inning. Hope he contines to rope them doubles down the line the rest of the year!

There's another one!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Haven't read further in the thread to know if it's been noted, but there is a Concussion Protocol List which has a shorter maximum duration than the 10 day IL.   I think it is 5 days? So no doubt the move being made is: Mateo to the CL, with Vespi replacing him on the roster (since Vespi hasn't been down 15 days, he can only come up to replace someone going on an injury list). Norby coming up because we need 13 position players, and a pitcher going.   My guess is Vieira DFA.   It's pretty damn telling that in the post game yesterday Hyde said he had to stick with Tate as long as he did because he didn't have any rested RH relievers in the pen.   Vieira hadn't pitched in 6 days.
    • Still better than many internal options. 
    • It will be interesting to see how they handle Norby. Norby can play 2B and corner outfield, but he's a below average defender at 2B.  The Orioles history suggest Norby will be a bench guy for now with Urias slotting in at 3B and Westburg at 2B mostly while Mateo is out. Saying that, Norby give the Orioles a good right-handed bat off the bench and a guy who could spell Mullins with Cowser slotting over to CF.  The question is whether Norby will get some Hays PAs?  I'd personally like to just drop him at 2B and keep Westburg at 3B with Urias on the bench, but that would not be how the Orioles typically break in non "impact" rookies.  Either way, this is a well earned major league debut for Norby. Here's to hoping he's given a chance to play a bit. 
    • I think it’s a fair argument to make about players like Kjerstad. His promotion was questioned at the time as he was raking in AAA and there was not an obvious opportunity to play when promoted. And sure enough he sat on the bench primarily for weeks and was demoted. i think there’s a difference between promoting a player like Kjerstad and promoting a Maton etc. Our top prospects should only be promoted if they are going to get a long leash on playing time a la Holliday (IMO)
    • Notwithstanding age and position, I think I'm still on Team Adley for priority 1. One of the management talking points is around avoiding the risk of "creating complacency" when a ballplayer good enough to rate it gets their forever fortune. I think the other side of that being too stingy is "creating resentment" in your labor force. Burnes is an interesting cat as he's taken some actions that real world illustrate how created resentment looks in the cliches only constrained world of ballplayers and clubs interacting with media. I think Elias/Sig modeling a healthy respect for the opportunity Burnes has just about earned himself might help even if they know today their recommendation to ownership is an aggressive chase that already has the green light.     Information how Burnes fares the next 4-5 months is valuable, especially how his stuff plays against the best of the best once he's 30.     Fun fact ALCS Game 7 could fall 10.22.2024 precisely on Burnes' 30th birthday.   
    • Is Rich Hill an option? I believe he was looking to sign with someone mid year. Would we consider him?
  • Popular Contributors