5/22 O's at Nats interleague "rivalry"

Mackus

Oh no. I have to say. Two years ago- one of the worst blown leads (of many) by Baez- was to the Washington Nationals on a Sunday. I really can't stand the thought of losing to the Nats right now. He needs to shut them down right now.

and I really hopes Markakis stops swinging at that high fast ball all the time. Eesh...

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You raised him right.

I've already taught mine not to like Youkilis.

By the way, I like your tribute to Farrah. A real shame what she's going though. I just lost my mother to cancer so I can certainly feel what the family is going through.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• One run and 2 XBH’s in the last 13 innings. Doesn’t matter how good the pitching. If they’re just scattering a few singles it’s gonna be tough to win.
    • Johnson, who had a degree in mathematics and an abiding curiosity in the field, would offer unsolicited advice to Jim Palmer and Dave McNally, the perennial 20-game winners.     “You’re in an unfavorable chance deviation,” Johnson would tell them, to puzzled annoyance. “You’re trying to throw for the corners, and you’re missing a foot away or you’re missing right down the middle. So I suggest, when you’re in an unfavorable chance deviation, throw it down the middle and you’ll hit the corners.” After that, Johnson said, the pitchers called him Dumb-Dumb.  Johnson, of course, was anything but stupid. When most of the baseball world sniffed at a book called “Percentage Baseball,”written in the 1960s by a Baltimore mathematician named Earnshaw Cook, Johnson called the author, met him for lunch and got an autographed copy. To supplement his income one winter, Johnson made speeches at high schools on behalf of a defense contractor, encouraging students to enter the computer field.   https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/sports/baseball/davey-johnson-baseballs-oldest-manager-leading-washingtons-youth-movement.html?unlocked_article_code=1.100.c8eH.YaWx09n9u8hS&smid=url-share
    • A week or two ago I thought about Sandoval with LAA as a possible #5 starter type.    I see he hurt his elbow. It’s remarkable. 
    • Cowser is probably going to figure it out and have a productive career. But if a deal presented itself to trade him (out of the division) for a reliable starter with control, the O's should make it in a heartbeat. Let Colton figure it out on someone else's time. The Orioles desperately need quality pitching.
    • St. Louis did can’t remember about the Reds. I don’t know what it is about teams located in the center of the country. Even though the Astros are in the AL West Division they are still in that part of the US.
    • Pena had that chop double that bounced over Urias's head yesterday, so it must be somewhat hard.
    • Mateo is a utility player not a guy who starts 140 games a season. Time for him to shift into that role. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now