2nd Round Targets/Predictions

Not that I'm complaining, but who we should/will take in with our first round pick has been hashed out pretty thoroughly. I'm interested, especially for those in the know (not me), who should/will we take with our 2nd round pick???

Not that I'm complaining, but who we should/will take in with our first round pick has been hashed out pretty thoroughly. I'm interested, especially for those in the know (not me), who should/will we take with our 2nd round pick???

Check out this thread for a listing of the rop ranked players in the draft... 1-54.

Follow our Live Mock Draft tonight at 8:30... to get more insight into the 2nd round types we could be considering, as well as a third round selection.

Jordan takes the best player available, but the Orioles tend to prefer toolsy and athletic players. I believe we'll see a high school position player at two... but time will tell.

I think our 2nd rounder could depend on the first rounder.

I am hoping at least one of the top HS 1B/3B bats make it to us in the second round, but Jordan has not invested a top five round pick in a 1B/3B type except for Rowell IIRC.

My theory on 2nd round picks is you gobble up whatever talent slipped through the first round. So I don't even really target guys that round. I start targeting again in the 3rd, but if you have say 45 picks in the first (with supplemental) you should be scouting 60 guys for those slots, so you should have some extras covered, thing is any of those 60 could go in the 45, so you take the best left :)

Why not go for both Mier/Franklin in the 2nd and then look for Marrero in the 3rd/4th? We need all the MIF talent we can find, and there's nothing wrong with a little competition.

Great comment. I agree completely.

We really need to get a good SS prospect in the system soon. We as fans seem to always be focused on getting one when looking at the draft each year. I think that it throws the BPA theory away and we want to reach. I think once we get that prospect we will all be way more open to just taking the best player. We all just seem to want that SS prospect so bad it seems...as you can see by my avatar. :D

I'm not buying the Franklin hype. He's been getting a big push lately cause he has a certain big name in the draft reporting biz who has talked him up (even taking him at #10 overall, hello man-crush) but I haven't seen anything from reports or video (haven't seen him in person) that really sells me on him before the 3/4 slot like I have Marerro.

There are a couple other guys I'd rather have in addition too instead of putting all of our eggs in one basket only to see them all hatch into utility players.

Tune into the mock tonight, you'll see some guys that will make you go "oh wow, I'd really rather have THAT guy".

Is there any possible chance Matt Davidson slips to us at 2:5?

A slight one, but I'm not going to bed waking up and running to the window thinking there will be Matt Davidson on the ground only to find out you still have school.

I think he's gone by #25, but he could slip a little. I'd be aiming more for Mendonca.

Archived