Josh Dowdy - 38th round pick

I kind of lost interest in the draft after the 15th or so round, so I was surprised to hear through the hillbilly grapevine -- an aunt in North Carolina calling a cousin in Maryland who calls an aunt in Maryland who calls my mother who tells me -- that my 2nd cousin, one removed ( I think), Joshua Dowdy, a RHP I see, was drafted by the Orioles.

No clue how good he is, but I suspect being a 38th round pick is a pretty good indicator. .The only time I ever saw him play baseball was in a Little League game maybe 8-9 years ago....he played SS. I had no idea he pitched for Appalachian State, in Boone, NC. Also was told a younger brother, Jeremy, plays there, too. I don't remember him at all.

Hey if he does really good, maybe in 4-5 years I'll be able to catch some free tickets....:clap3:

No....I'm no holding my breath waiting.....:D

Bumbry, Flacco and Dowdy...all sentimental draft choices for the O's that are related to great Baltimorians. :)

I'm tired of them wasting draft picks just cause kids are related to Baltimore heroes or well known OH posters. :laughlol: Does Sports Guy have a younger brother?

I'm tired of them wasting draft picks just cause kids are related to Baltimore heroes or well known OH posters. :laughlol: Does Sports Guy have a younger brother?

Yeah, that's never worked out with us.... I mean look at that punk we took in the second round of the 1978 draft... I mean we only took that loser because of his father....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived