Matt Hobgood/JTrea Petition

In light of the lambasting by a specific poster of the Orioles First Round selection in the 2009 MLB First Year Player Draft, Matt Hobgood, the below posters that sign this petition decree that if sometime before 2014, the aforementioned draft pick reaches the Major Leagues and becomes a member of the Orioles' starting rotation, JTrea eats his favorite Orioles baseball cap.

If before 2016 Hobgood wins 10 games or more in a single season, JTrea will purchase a Hobgood jersey and.... eat it.

If at any point in his career Hobgood wins a Cy Young Award, JTrea will hand write a letter of apology to Andy McPhail and Joe Jordan for ever questioning their decision making abilities regarding player personnel.

If at any point in his career Hobgood is the staff anchor for a World Series winning Orioles team, JTrea will purchase a Boog's BBQ platter for each member of the Orioles Hangout community.

Any suggestions for the petition from the OH community are appreciated. Please demonstrate your support of this petition with a Tony the Tiger-esque proclamation "Hobgood is Hobgrrrrrrrrreeeeaaatt!!!!"

I have never once said Hobgood will fail nor do I hope he will fail, just like I never said Matusz would fail, nor do I hope he fails.

However Matzek was the pitcher with more talent IMO and Smoak was and is a more valuable player than Matusz IMO.

That doesn't meant that Hobgood and Matusz are bad players, but they are not as valuable as Matzek and Smoak at this point IMO.

Can't agree with you on this one, Jtrea isn't happy with the pick and neither am I but that doesn't mean we don't think Hobgood can make the majors. We both just think that prep arms with higher ceilings were left undrafted because the O's did not want to pay overslot money for the pick.

How about if Matzek wins more games then Hobgood in a given year, you pay for Jtrea's OH membership for the following year?

I have never once said Hobgood will fail nor do I hope he will fail, just like I never said Matusz would fail, nor do I hope he fails.

However Matzek was the pitcher with more talent IMO and Smoak was and is a more valuable player than Matusz IMO.

That doesn't meant that Hobgood and Matusz are bad players, but they are not as valuable as Matzek and Smoak at this point IMO.

I'm glad you're starting to use 'IMO'.

So what your saying is for you its a win-win. Either Hobgood is a success and you get to see a winning ballclub, if he fails, you were right and we should have taken Matzek.

I just want to see somebody, anybody, eat a hat. That's what this comes down to.

Sounds like a guy afraid of eating clothing.

I agree with the first paragraph, you never have said anything like that.

Disagree with a bit of the rest. Value is subjective and I think if you were to ask a franchise whether they'd rather have a someone who is a frontline starter or a first basemen, most would say they'd rather have a frontline starter.

I agree with you. The Orioles seem to have a surplus of pitching, yet continue to draft pitching. Smoak and Matusz would have been my choice over Matusz and Hobgood. I do not care for Matzek's personality and wonder how he will do when he gets hit hard. I like Hobgood's personality, but personalities ate not what players great on the field. Although it does make them popular off of it. I still think that the Orioles made a mistake with Smoak, especially considering that they could have drafted Matzek this summer and still had a nice pitcher.

Archived