Oscar goes to..The Padres for RP Cla Meredith

pasadena

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard its a four way deal with the Mariners sending us Ronny Cedeno, the Padres sending us Sean Gallagher and the Cubs sending us Donald Veal.

In an unrelated deal, Brian Roberts has been sent to the Cubs as the PTBNL in the Rich Hill trade.

Am I the only one who thinks:

C Gregg Zaun

U Oscar Salazar

IF Robert Andino

OF Felix Pie

...is one of the better benches in baseball? I mean, you get veteran leadership, strong defense and a respectable bat in Zaun. Andino and Pie provide solid defense and can be used as pinch runners late in the game, and Salazar can mash left-handed pitching and serve as a reliable pinch hitter. I know it doesn't matter now because he's gone (and Wigginton takes over that role on the bench), but I just thought I should point out the strength and versatility that we have (and had) on our bench.

Needless to say, I would've rather have seen Wigginton traded.

Just heard its a four way deal with the Mariners sending us Ronny Cedeno, the Padres sending us Sean Gallagher and the Cubs sending us Donald Veal.

In an unrelated deal, Brian Roberts has been sent to the Cubs as the PTBNL in the Rich Hill trade.

And then, the apocalypse occurred, and Andy MacPhail cried out in praise, "I HAVE DONE IT!"

As an ex-Cub, Gallagher would seem to fit MacPhail's M.O. And if he pulled that off for Salazar, I don't see how anybody could complain about it. Gallagher's still young with a good shot at least at becoming a decent reliever and maybe a back to middle of the rotation starter.

Archived