Oscar goes to..The Padres for RP Cla Meredith

pasadena

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was totally avoidable if DT just sets up the rotation correctly coming out of the AS break.

Use Berge, Guthrie (or Hill if he's sick), Hill against the White Sox. Pitch Berkens on Monday against the Yanks and send him down Monday night to bring up Hernandez for Tuesday nite. Use Berge on regular rest on Wednesday and then Guts, Hill and Hernandez at Boston. That would have pushed back the need for a 5th starter till the 28th and given the O's plenty of time to make another trade.

Not sure why AM didn't get with DT to make that happen as it would seem to give the O's maximum flexibility with the roster over the next 10 days or so.

Really love giving away a cheap, excellent hitter under team control for several years because of bad roster management. I hope we get someone back worth getting.

This was totally avoidable if DT just sets up the rotation correctly coming out of the AS break.

Use Berge, Guthrie (or Hill if he's sick), Hill against the White Sox. Pitch Berkens on Monday against the Yanks and send him down Monday night to bring up Hernandez for Tuesday nite. Use Berge on regular rest on Wednesday and then Guts, Hill and Hernandez at Boston. That would have pushed back the need for a 5th starter till the 28th and given the O's plenty of time to make another trade.

Not sure why AM didn't get with DT to make that happen as it would seem to give the O's maximum flexibility with the roster over the next 10 days or so.

Really love giving away a cheap, excellent hitter under team control for several years because of bad roster management. I hope we get someone back worth getting.

Even with Berken starting out of the break, they could have one game with Hendrickson or Bass starting then bring up Tillman on the 28th. I wonder if this is a signal that they are far apart with their other trade chips.

I hate the idea of losing Salazar, as he and Sweet Lou have become the not-playing-as-much-as I-want personal faves of mine. However, I think it's a bit premature to condemn a trade on which the return is unknown. As much as I'm in the tank for Oscar, I'm excited to learn what we got for him. (Now if it turns out that we didn't get much, then I'll whip out the Kleenex.)

Even with Berken starting out of the break, they could have one game with Hendrickson or Bass starting then bring up Tillman on the 28th. I wonder if this is a signal that they are far apart with their other trade chips.

The point is, there was no need to use a spot start. Most teams order their rotation coming out of the break with their best pitchers going first. That would mean Berge, Guts then Hill / Berken take your pick. The fact that doing it that way is not only the customary (and smart way) it would have given the O's a way to completely avoid the need for a roster move until the 28th.

You are correct that we could have used a spot start instead - but we shouldn't have had to do that.

Now if we get something from San Diego that is worth losing a guy hitting well over .350 in his last full year in professional ball, that's great. But if we dumped him for nothing, I'm gonna be very sad.

The Pads DFA'd SP Josh Banks (former Severna Park high product) yesterday....could it be him?

Good Thought. This will irritate people who think we should get Adrian Gonzalez for him but that makes sense. My question is could he be sent to Norfolk.

Archived