O's Interested In John McDonald

wildcard

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should I post how awful a move I think this would be, or should I just accept that this thread has been irreparably hijacked by that goober on SuperIgnore and not bother?

The latter.

I think most of us can agree that AM was a dope to waste the resources looking at MacDonald, even though we don't know if he did that or not. If somebody else thinks AM was thinking about MacDonald, that shows that our GM was not using his resources properly. Who could argue with that? But here's something AM does that bugs me even more: When he tells his manager to let all the players we have get away with their plot to not play hard, just to keep AM from having to spread rumors about signing big-time FA's. How lazy can he be? If he'd arrange some rumor-facts about how he's getting ready to blow $100M on somebody we don't need, then the good-for-nothing bozo's we already have would quit their lollygagging and baserunning mistakes. Any fool can see that. So, why doesn't he buckle down and spread some FA rumors? After all, it has been 12 years, how much longer is he gonna wait? Or do the rumors have to come from somebody else to change the direction of the franchise?

Glorious post sir.

Should I post how awful a move I think this would be, or should I just accept that this thread has been irreparably hijacked by that goober on SuperIgnore and not bother?

I just did. I figure the title of the thread is that the O's are allegedly interested in JMac (haha) and so I'd offer my opinion.

I think most of us can agree that AM was a dope to waste the resources looking at MacDonald, even though we don't know if he did that or not. If somebody else thinks AM was thinking about MacDonald, that shows that our GM was not using his resources properly. Who could argue with that? But here's something AM does that bugs me even more: When he tells his manager to let all the players we have get away with their plot to not play hard, just to keep AM from having to spread rumors about signing big-time FA's. How lazy can he be? If he'd arrange some rumor-facts about how he's getting ready to blow $100M on somebody we don't need, then the good-for-nothing bozo's we already have would quit their lollygagging and baserunning mistakes. Any fool can see that. So, why doesn't he buckle down and spread some FA rumors? After all, it has been 12 years, how much longer is he gonna wait? Or do the rumors have to come from somebody else to change the direction of the franchise?

It's a shame this post will get ignored.

How can a thread be "hijacked" when said posts are completely on topic?

No "Teixeira" sightings here. I don't even think I mentioned the "p" word either... :laughlol:

I think he is the guy that had a farm and liked to sing vowels.

John McDonald has been with the Blue Jays for a few seasons after spending most of his career with Cleveland.

Thanks bud.

It's bizarre. I watched a couple of the O's-Jays game this year, and this guy's name doesn't ring a bell at all. Guess I need to pay a little closer attention. :laughlol:

But, was the expenditure done with Canadian dollars. if so, there may have been a cost savings. The Canadians, they walk among us. . .

How well do we really know them, eh???

Honestly, I hate when people imply that about Izturis...It makes me livid...shortstop is by far the most important infielder as far as fielding is concerned...and we have a former gold glover with pretty good range handling it for us. To cut him down left and right because he doesn't hit like Jeter is absurd. Jeter is an anomaly, Cal was an anomaly, Hanley is an anomaly...beyond that, there aren't too many power hitting shortstops left. Yes, Izturis is on the lower end of that power, but his fielding is on the upper end so that's all that matters.

In terms of McDonald, he is a better third base fielding option on off days than Wigginton. That's all. It's not like they would start him.

I agree witrh you on that.

Sometimes I follow a link to see what the site really says, which sometimes is not exactly what posters say it says.

But I'm mainly going by all the stuff from there that gets posted here, as if it's a fact, and then turns out to be nothing.

I have nothing against the site. I think it's fine to post rumors and stories and stuff they hear from whomever. My only point was that it appears that the rumors posted there are routinely treated as facts when they're not facts, they're rumors. So, for example, they'll post some rumor from God-knows-where that says AM is trying to do X and, next thing you know, people are criticizing AM for it, when in reality we don't know if AM was even thinking about it, much less trying to do it.

Sounds like your beef is with the people here who link to it incorrectly and summarize it incorrectly. Perhaps one of the most annoying things is when someone writes that MLBTR reports this or that. They don't report anything. It is a media hub. Some media is stronger than others and some reports from the media are stronger than others.

Sounds like your beef is with the people here who link to it incorrectly and summarize it incorrectly. Perhaps one of the most annoying things is when someone writes that MLBTR reports this or that. They don't report anything. It is a media hub. Some media is stronger than others and some reports from the media are stronger than others.

You have just commented on page 7 of a OH thread. Apparently someone found it interesting enough to comment on. The OP just linked to the the MLBTR site while stating the title that MLBTR used. The one extra line is my opinion. Since this is a opinion forum I see nothing wrong with that.

I see nothing incorrect about the way this thread was started.

You have just commented on page 7 of a OH thread. Apparently someone found it interesting enough to comment on. The OP just linked to the the MLBTR site while stating the title that MLBTR used. The one extra line is my opinion. Since this is a opinion forum I see nothing wrong with that.

I see nothing incorrect about the way this thread was started.

It was a general statement.

His annoynace appears to be long standing . . . not just from this thread.

Archived