O's Interested In John McDonald

wildcard

Davis and Andino don't hit as well as Izturis. And those two are completely expendable as is Izturis. You just find an all field no hit infielder next offseason or re-sign Izturis for cheap. There are plenty of those guys.

Davis and Andino could be cut from the 40 man tomorrow and we'd be no worse off IMO.

Interesting Davis could be cut tomorrow since he isn't even on the roster. :rolleyestf:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about his career UZR/150 of -5.9 there?

That work for you?

Or I guess 77 games is too small of a sample size and defensive metrics don't mean anything to you...

JTrea, this is you in this argument:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XPuXkq-OsM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XPuXkq-OsM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes. 77 games spread out over a lot of years is too small of a sample size. Like I said: You. Are. Clueless.

Please stop using UZR.

You're right, his defensive stats don't mean a thing as they've been declining as he's been aging.

Must just be a fluke.

Maybe we can convince Mike Bordick to come out of retirement. I hear he was the best fielding SS back in 1997, so he must still have it. :rolleyes:

You're right, his defensive stats don't mean a thing as they've been declining as he's been aging.

Must just be a fluke.

Maybe we can convince Mike Bordick to come out of retirement. I hear he was the best fielding SS back in 1997, so he must still have it. :rolleyes:

Do you understand the unreliability of small sample sizes?

Declining or not, his opportunities have been largely limited since 2007.

I'm not saying he's worth signing. Or that he's not declining. I'm saying:

Quit. Misusing. Statistics.

Thought he was, that's my bad.

But you get the point. Those two aren't exactly quality organizational depth at the position.

Actually, I don't get the point.

If you cut Davis and Izturis, you would be cutting the two best defensive SS's in the organization. You don't like Izutris' poor offensive showing but getting rid of him leaves you with Andino, who shouldn't make the Opening Day roster next year.

I understand you want us to upgrade. Most posters would like the same, but there aren't too many realistic options. I am fine with Izturis if he can be built around.

Must just be a fluke.

No, that is not what he is saying. He is saying you have no idea what a meaningful sample size is for UZR/150. UZR is very tempermental as people who actually use the stat on a regular basis would know.

Actually, I don't get the point.

If you cut Davis and Izturis, you would be cutting the two best defensive SS's in the organization. You don't like Izutris' poor offensive showing but getting rid of him leaves you with Andino, who shouldn't make the Opening Day roster next year.

I understand you want us to upgrade. Most posters would like the same, but there aren't too many realistic options. I am fine with Izturis if he can be built around.

I was talking about Andino and Davis.

We can always find another player like them. Izturis can be replaced easily as well IMO. Not as easy as those two of course, but he's still quite replaceable IMO.

I was talking about Andino and Davis.

We can always find another player like them. Izturis can be replaced easily as well IMO. Not as easy as those two of course, but he's still quite replaceable IMO.

Sorry for thinking you were talking about Izturis.

I agree that Andino could be replaced easily.

But how is Izturis easily replaceable?

Sorry for thinking you were talking about Izturis.

I agree that Andino could be replaced easily.

But how is Izturis easily replaceable?

We could always trade for Hardy, or sign Scutaro or Gonzalez this offseason for instance. The SS pickings are thin next offseason I will admit, but then after 2011 you can go after Jose Reyes and Jimmy Rollins for example.

SS is not a problem for us IMO. We have plenty of options.

We could always trade for Hardy, or sign Scutaro or Gonzalez this offseason for instance. The SS pickings are thin next offseason I will admit, but then after 2011 you can go after Jose Reyes and Jimmy Rollins for example.

SS is not a problem for us IMO. We have plenty of options.

How is Gonzalez an upgrade over Izturis?

Would you give up our 2nd round pick for Scutaro?

Archived