LOL - Shelley Duncan / Red Sox fan

Boy Howdy

The way I look at it if you are a Red Sox fan decked out in Red Sox gear no less, dumb enough to try to get an autograph from a Yankee player you get what you deserve. I don't care how old you are. I wouldn't go looking for a David Ortiz or Derek Jeter autograph decked out in Orioles gear. That's just stupid...

I believe Guthrie refused to sign a Yankee cap at Yankee Stadium this year. Duncan could have refused but he obliged and the kid got the auto. Just cut out the Red Sox Suck and you've still got his auto. Not a big deal here...

The way I look at it if you are a Red Sox fan decked out in Red Sox gear no less, dumb enough to try to get an autograph from a Yankee player you get what you deserve. I don't care how old you are. I wouldn't go looking for a David Ortiz or Derek Jeter autograph decked out in Orioles gear. That's just stupid...

Come 'on... this kind of thinking is what is wrong with in today's society.

I remember going to Memorial Stadium (way back when) and use to wait by the visiting teams bus and try get the visiting team players autographs. Even with Orioles gear on. The players had no such problem with it...

I remember going to Memorial Stadium (way back when) and use to wait by the visiting teams bus and try get the visiting team players autographs. Even with Orioles gear on. The players had no such problem with it...

Me too & you're right, but I admire Guthrie's stance.

As I understand it, it's not that he wouldn't sign for people wearing Yankees stuff...he just isn't willing to sign Yankees stuff. Makes sense to me. I just got an orange index card with a picture of him in an O's uniform back in the mail. He personalized it and wrote "Go O's". Way to go Guthrie.

As for Duncan, I'm glad he's a Yankee.

Archived