Wash Post: O's considering tejada trade

JakeeO

How about Ervin Santana, Cabrera, Kotchman and Aybar for Tejada?

I don't see the need for Cabrera? I really like the other three names there, but I think Cabrera stays and that Tejada gets shifted to 3B when he goes. Which he will do, a chance to play on a team with Vlad, Bartolo Colon, and others will sway him.

The Angels huddled in Arizona last week to talk about their situation. Since then, they have come out and said that they would deal their young talent in the right deal. Well, here is the right deal. Tejada is perfect protection for Vlad in that line-up. I would even say that they should be looking to add either Gibbons or Javy. Gibbons would be a better fit, but with his injury status, I would think Javy would be the one to go.

Therefore, a trade like this would work:

1B Kotchman

SS Aybar

SP Santana

3B/1B/DH McPherson

for

SS Tejada

DH/C Lopez

This would give us some big time core pieces and also we wouldn't have to do the Shealy trade. Our line-up loses power and consistency for this year, but what are we winning this year?

Next year we have a lineup that is young, exciting. It allows Mora to be traded, if that is what he wants. It also allows us to trade arms to Tampa Bay, if Carl Crawford is on the block. I still have my questions as to that, but if reports are to be believed, we could get that done.

I don't believe Wood will be traded. I think Aybar will be a terrific player, hitting .300 and playing good defense (range + arm). I also think McPherson is highly undervalued, still has immense power potential and will be a solid pickup.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hope the Orioles would not want Figgins in a deal for Tejada.

If we get a package from the Angels similar to the one just posted or what you have recommended, do you think adding Shealy would not be necessary at that point?

I think I have read before that Aybar is a .300 hitter with good speed and defense. Is there a chance he could be a poor mans Jose Reyes?

I think a poor's man's Jose Reyes is probably an apt description. He has speed, but apparently isn't very good on the base paths (high cs%). He also hits for a bit more power (more 2B and 3B), though he was always a year or two older for the level of ball played.

I would think Aybar has a very good chance of being a .300/.360/.440 type of player on the ML level.

Again, I don't think the Angels will part with Wood, Aybar will definitely be better than Wood defensively though!

Fairfax's trade is great--------then...Dcab, Ray, Mcpherson and Lowean for MCab--find a closer, move Mora to the OF and see what happens.

Don't like this at all.

Rather just trade Garrett Olson for Ryan Shealy.

How about we just trade Tejada, Javy Lopez, Melvin Mora and Jay Gibbons for

Brandon Wood, Jeff Mathis, Dallas McPherson, Casey Kotchman, Ervin Santana and Orlando Cabrera

The we trade Garrett Olson for Ryan Shealy

And we trade Rodrigo Lopez and Jeff Conine to the Cardinals for Adam Wainwright.

And then we trade Adam Wainwright, Adam Loewen and Hayden Penn to the Marlins for Dontrele Willis.

Dontrelle Willis

Kris Benson

Ervin Santana

Erik Bedard

Daniel Cabrera

Brian Roberts-2b

Orlando Cabrera-ss

Ramon Hernandez-c

Dallas McPherson-3b

Ryan Shealy-dh

Casey Kotchman-1b

Corey Patterson-cf

Nick Markakis-rf

Luis Matos-lf

Jeff Mathis

Brandon Wood

Brandon Fahey

Kevin Millar

Next year we get a left fielder and move Orlando Cabrera for middle relief help.

Applause.. now tell me the lineup after all this...

Not sure how much I like the MCab trade but the lineup would look like this:

Roberts - 2b

Mora - LF

Hernandez - C

MCab - 3b

Kotchman - 1b

Gibbons - DH

Patterson - CF

Markakis - RF

Aybar - SS

Not sure how much I like the MCab trade but the lineup would look like this:

Roberts - 2b

Mora - LF

Hernandez - C

MCab - 3b

Kotchman - 1b

Gibbons - DH

Patterson - CF

Markakis - RF

Aybar - SS

I'm for the MCab deal if it can be made.. realizing he is probably not going anywhere at the moment.. but that could change by the end of July.. if the Marlins struggle maybe that opens up some possibilities..

If Miggy was a true leader like Cal, I would agree...

There are many wonderful things you can say about Cal. But "true leader" is not one of them. IMO, the one major shortcoming of Cal is that he didn't mind losing. Miggy hates losing. If everything else was equal, I'd rather have somebody who hates losing over somebody who is comfortable with it.

Cal was an icon. He redefined what people expect of SS's and single-handedly put the Belangers of the world out of business. Cal was also a symbol who was good for the game when the game was in trouble. As SS's, neither one had great range, and Miggy hits better. If he had blue eyes and spoke Engish without an accent, he'd be doing milk commercials too.

There are many wonderful things you can say about Cal. But "true leader" is not one of them. IMO, the one major shortcoming of Cal is that he didn't mind losing. Miggy hates losing. If everything else was equal, I'd rather have somebody who hates losing over somebody who is comfortable with it.

Cal was an icon. He redefined what people expect of SS's and single-handedly put the Belangers of the world out of business. Cal was also a symbol who was good for the game when the game was in trouble. As SS's, neither one had great range, and Miggy hits better. If he had blue eyes and spoke Engish without an accent, he'd be doing milk commercials too.

WHAT? This is probably the worst statement ever written on the hangout.

Archived