Jay Gibbons

olehippi

Looks like Jay Gibbons is going to get a shot in the OF with the Albuquerque, the Dodgers AAA club.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=RF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=400158

The picture freaks me out a little, but I wish Jay the best of luck.

Awwww

I still love Jay:) He was so nice to my kids:clap3:

May God bless him!!!

In an odd way, you have to admire the guy. He made more than $20 mm playing baseball, he should easily be set for life and able to find something else to do, and yet he keeps scratching away trying to make it back to the majors.

Yeah, really. 190 pounds? Heck I outweigh him now.

I thought that was light too, but Baseball-reference listed him at 6' and 195 lbs.

Fangraphs had him at 6' and 205 lbs. That is more like it, but not really as heavy as I thought he was in his O's days.

LOL, Rep to you. I never realized that Albuquerque actually had a team named the Isotopes.

I especially like their new mascot, "paint-drinking Pete."

I guess that old Simpson's episode was true. I wonder which team moved there. I'll have to check B-R.

I met him at an autograph signing in Perry Hall. Really nice guy. He even posed with me even after the event was over and only the employees could talk to him.

I guess that old Simpson's episode was true. I wonder which team moved there. I'll have to check B-R.

I met him at an autograph signing in Perry Hall. Really nice guy. He even posed with me even after the event was over and only the employees could talk to him.

They were the Calgary Cannons. The Isotopes name was picked in a fan poll and presumably the Simpsons episode had a lot to do with it winning. The team moved to Albuquerque in 2003 and the Simpsons episode was from 2001.

Albuquerque had a team for many years called the Dukes, who moved to Portland and became the Beavers.

Archived