5/17 - Royals @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been jumping between the O's and Dancing with the Stars.

Be careful, you might pull a hamy. Then where will we be.:laughlol:

To be serious though, if I can after a few Bush's.

Aubrey is 1-3 with a homer. I give Atkins a week. That really sucks, because I believe he can turn it around. I really pull for the guy, but after awhile you just gotta cut your losses.

The reason I mention Aubrey is because I think he is the next up before Reimold.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• At least Turner, Realmuto & Marsh are all out. Not that they've missed them much.
    • Yeah Mayo is probably the next difference maker in terms of RHB.
    • Whether they have hit recently or not I don't know what else we would expect against a LHP. It kinda sucks that Mateo-Urias and Cowser-Mullins-Stowers are samehanded. If we wanted another RHB in the lineup you could put Mateo in center and then start Urias but I'm guessing he would not be a difference maker for you. 
    • CoC made no assertion of any of that, so just stop. Here is his post in the 'Cal thinks Holiday moved to fast through the system', which was a response to me saying Holiday needed to physically mature some. CoC - 'At 6 feet and 195 pounds, Holliday’s maximum lift on the bench press has jumped to 315 pounds. He can squat 455 pounds, deadlift 500 pounds and box jump 55 inches — more than 4 1/2 feet.' He got that from this article, which he linked: https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/20/orioles-jackson-holliday-offseason-training-program/ Here is the thread, my post and CoC's are on the first page.      
    • He looks at every lineup like that. He's been amazing.
    • Again, I never said that.  Quite the opposite.  Being too muscle bound can slow down a swing and running, plus make it harder to throw etc.  I think JH is fine as far as his build.  He will grow into his man body soon enough but in no way do I think JH should get muscle bound nor do I think you need to be to play baseball. Can of Corn implied that by talking about JH's huge, and again wrong, lifting numbers.....I did not. 
    • I wouldn't trade Hollidy, Mayo, or Basallo for Crochet, but would definitely try to come up with a package around Kjerstad.  There is no doubt that Crochet is one of the top 10 arms in mlb, IMO, and  trading him is just a WS kind of thing to do.  Crochet could be that dominant arm out of the pen the O's need this year, and next year, the O's big 3 would be Bradish, Crochet and Gray Rod.  Maybe something like Kjerstad, Povich, some prospect in 20-25 range.  Crochet has probably been the best starter in the majors since some bad starts in early April.  ERA in low 1's since then. 
  • Popular Contributors