Overhyped to the Max!

orioles119

Or better....

He has 32k in 19.1 ip. 5 walks. 10 hits. WHIP .78. 4 ER

Sure its early, but WOW

He could be better if he stays healthy. Ryan had command problems early on that Strasburg doesn't. Clemens had the whole enhancement thing going for him as well, despite his best Bill Clinton impersonation.

I recall hearing some stat that it took Nolan Ryan over 600 starts before he recorded his first no walk start. It took Strasburg 1 start.

We don't know what will become of him but his ceiling seems higher than any pitcher I can recall in 30 years. It reminds me of Gooden and Wood when they first arrived.

So we know it can derail and often does, but I'm going to love watching every start in the meantime. He has catapulted to the number one slot of players I want to watch pitch right now.

Anyone who has seen the kid throw knows it's not just hype. Only health stands between Strasburg and a date with Cooperstown.

So, do you think he'll wear a Yankee$ cap on his plaque? :angryfire:

Seriously, though, the slurp on this kid here has been ridiculous. The media here have his ticket punched for Cooperstown after three ML starts. Boswell is worrying that he'll strike out too many guys.

It's fun for DC frontrunners to dream, but the question of how good will his career be is (hopefully for him) at least a decade away from being answered.

Anyone who has seen the kid throw knows it's not just hype. Only health stands between Strasburg and a date with Cooperstown.

I think he's just lucky: he only pitches on days when the other team strikes out a lot...

Archived