Ridiculous quote from Rick Dempsey on 105.7 this morning

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dempsey is ever hired as manager, the Kansas City Royals would suddenly have more hope than this franchise. It would be an insanely stupid move on par with firing Jon Miller.

In fact, Dempsey should be fired from MASN. His insight is shallow and cliched, and certainly devoid of any legitimate insight that others like Palmer ever offer up. And his past tales of nonsense and backstabbing, to go with his pathetic showboating now, are annoying and degrading. He couldn't just leave it all on the tarp.

I'm confused...do some teams have spring training in Canada?

Apparently the injury free successful teams (I guess like the Yankees and the Red Sox) have spring training in cool climates like Tampa and Fort Myers where the temperature is more in line with what it is in New York and Boston. :rolleyes:

Is that the way it works OldFan?

What exactly did he do in regards to back-stabbing? I've heard stories of him going behind Mazilli's back, but anyone else?
Just Mazzilli. Perlozzo was wise enough to kick him to the curb (well, bullpen first, then curb) rather than deal with a traitor on his staff.

Since were telling Dempsey stories.....remember when Gibbons' wife was on air talking about raising money for a domestic violence charity and Demper made a joke about her abusing Jay for his poor performance?

I thought he might get canned for that but they just chalked it up to Rick being Rick

:wedge:

And another thing. He's been whining and moaning about player conditioning for years, even when he was a coach. What is he going to do, run a boot camp like he's on Paris Island? And are extra sprints and foul poles really going to do enough to make guys start hitting or get pitchers to throw strikes? All he ever harps on is conditioning. He offers up nothing else but get players in better shape. Does that mean come the eighth inning when they need a hit, if the player doesn't come through you'll see them run a lap between innings, hoping that'll inspire the guy to get a hit next time? When your go-to answer is "get in better shape" what happens when that doesn't lead to a hit?

And another thing. He's been whining and moaning about player conditioning for years, even when he was a coach. What is he going to do, run a boot camp like he's on Paris Island? And are extra sprints and foul poles really going to do enough to make guys start hitting or get pitchers to throw strikes? All he ever harps on is conditioning. He offers up nothing else but get players in better shape. Does that mean come the eighth inning when they need a hit, if the player doesn't come through you'll see them run a lap between innings, hoping that'll inspire the guy to get a hit next time? When your go-to answer is "get in better shape" what happens when that doesn't lead to a hit?

Well, conditioning will make up for talent to a point. Hitting wise, probably not much, but going from 1st to 3rd in the late innings, or tracking down a ball in the outfield it would have more of an affect.

Well, conditioning will make up for talent to a point. Hitting wise, probably not much, but going from 1st to 3rd in the late innings, or tracking down a ball in the outfield it would have more of an affect.
There are a couple guys that could be in better shape, but I don't think that conditioning is a major problem with this team.

Dempsey made stupid comments about how a pitcher is tired after 6 innings, but that's not exactly dealing with conditioning. A guy being in better shape isn't going to improve that drastically, and most of our starters are in very good shape anyways.

Being in better shape is definitely a good thing, but conditioning isn't anything even close to a limiting factor on this team. Its nearly a non-issue, IMO.

Of course, obviously Dempsey miss-spoke or exaggerated in making his statement that the Orioles have it worse than every other team. So what? It sure isn't that big of a deal to me.

Says the man who CALLED FOR AMBER THEOHARIS TO BE FIRED BECAUSE OF ONE MISSTATEMENT.

Are you kidding me right now, OldFan?

There are a couple guys that could be in better shape, but I don't think that conditioning is a major problem with this team.

Dempsey made stupid comments about how a pitcher is tired after 6 innings, but that's not exactly dealing with conditioning. A guy being in better shape isn't going to improve that drastically, and most of our starters are in very good shape anyways.

Being in better shape is definitely a good thing, but conditioning isn't anything even close to a limiting factor on this team. Its nearly a non-issue, IMO.

He also said something along the lines of every player should be in shape to be able to play all 162 games without ever needing a day off.

Archived