Ridiculous quote from Rick Dempsey on 105.7 this morning

ScottieBaseball

You are the king of taking a small sample size and blowing it up as fact. Nobody does that better than you. Two major league starts and how he's our ace. All bow to Oldfan & Dempsey.:notworthy::rolleyes:

He sure has looked like a "potential" ace so far. Way moreso than Matusz or Tillman, although it really isn't fair to compare Tillman to him now as he is two years younger. Arietta may well have resembled Tillman (or way worse) two years ago.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He sure has looked like a "potential" ace so far. Way moreso than Matusz or Tillman, although it really isn't fair to compare Tillman to him now as he is two years younger. Arietta may well have resembled Tillman (or way worse) two years ago.

Yet you have no problem comparing Nick Markakis to Frank Robinson, Babe Ruth, Roberto Clmente or any other number of HOFers. You're a walking contradiction dude.

I've been listening to the "interview" (I use quotes, because that wasn't an interview, it was a publicity stunt) and I wonder where these people are calling from.

The call screener must of asked for only pro-Dempsey people, as I can't believe that there wasn't one anti-Dempsey caller on the show.

Maybe he actually just miss-spoke and meant to say "one of the toughest cities" in all of baseball. We all have do this before (at least I know I have, even in writing). As evidence of this I believe the Orioles may be the only team to ever have a player die in spring training. So to dismiss this as stupid is wrong just because of semantics.:eek:

How can you think this is so funny?:(

It was HORRIBLE when this happened:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you think this is so funny?:(

It was HORRIBLE when this happened:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get I thought that was funny from?:confused: Why would I think that? Is someone feeding you a bunch of baloney about me or what? That is simply blatently untrue.:eek::(

I guess Dempsey hasn't said any more "dumb" things which is why this thread faded away. In a way, I hope he continues to comment. This was the most lively thread on here in a while other than the Markakis giving hell to the team thread which was also superb.:clap3:

Archived