6/23: Marlins at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying it made lotsa sense, but maybe he wanted to avoid Wieters hitting into a DP. A successful bunt gives us 2 guys in scoring position with 1 out, with Moore and Fox coming up, which ain't all that bad. All you need is an OF-single and it's tied up... which is better than a guy on 3rd with 2 outs, down by 2... (just trying to make sense of it, that's all...)

I know I already posted about this, but Samuel HAS TO STOP CALLING FOR SAC BUNTS WITH 0 OUTS! The ONLY times that make sense are when the game is tied or you are down by 1, and usually only in the 8th or 9th innings.

Ugh. This team needs a manager who understands that giving away outs does not generally lead to scoring lots of runs.

:cussing::cussing::cussing:

I would have had no problem with bunting runners to 2nd and 3rd if you had an experienced bunter at the plate and some good hitters coming up. For example, if CPat had been the batter with Miggy and Markakis coming up, a bunt would have made a lot of sense there.

I'll go one step further: if you are going to bunt in the actual game situation we were in, then pinch hit for Wieters and let Lugo do it.

Sorry, this team is making me jumpy ;)

Just jumpy?? I'm ready to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic or the insane asylum. Whichever one would be goodly enough to take me at this point.:002_sdrool:

Not saying it made lotsa sense, but maybe he wanted to avoid Wieters hitting into a DP. A successful bunt gives us 2 guys in scoring position with 1 out, with Moore and Fox coming up, which ain't all that bad. All you need is an OF-single and it's tied up... which is better than a guy on 3rd with 2 outs, down by 2... (just trying to make sense of it, that's all...)

There is no sense of it. Comical.

Archived