Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said that.

Right now, as the team is 19-52, he could very well be focused more on his next contract than whether the O's win. And to get that next contract, he needs to produce.

Watching Albert Belle during his career, made me think the same thing.

Adam Jones lobbying for an error to be overturned so he could get a hit in a loss is kind of the same thing.

It was dumb, and irresponsible of Duquette to bring it up.

Duque brought it up in the context of a discussion of the O's losing season and the difficulty for a young team to stay focused in a climate of losing. They were taking abaout how ithis is bad because players can get acclimated to losing. Duquette then brought up the O's clubhouse and how he could think of three players, off the top of his head, who played for their paychecks and had become accustomed to losing.He indicated that were he GM he would be in a hurry to get them out of the ckubhouse. Duquette, formerly GM of the O's lives in the area has many contacts within the organization and is still around the team. So he is in a position to know these things and it was not irresponsible or dumb to bring it up. What is dumb and irresponsible is commenting on a player's play(Wiggi) when you haven't watched them play.:rolleyestf:

Roberts would be a name I would expect, but he's been away from the team for so long.

I think Millwood is #1 just because of the reports he's been out on the town in bars before his starts and is a rent a player who is gone after 2010. I think after the first month he probably decided it wasn't worth trying 100% anymore for a team that wouldn't support him and wasn't going anywhere.

Markakis would be #2 just because he's been here for so long, and probably the losing over all those years has brought him down.

Guthrie is the third one IMO as we have heard he and Trembley didn't see eye to eye.

I'm not buying the Millwood thing. I think he's just caught the malaise the rest of the team has... Mainly because he's in a contract year. He has every reason to pitch his butt off every fifth day, IMO. Personally, I think Tatum is phoning it in. He needs to go. ;)

I've never seen someone so routinely criticized by so many respected members of the same society. Many of whom typically don't go out of their way to reproach someone. The lack of respect is palpable. For many, including myself, it rises past the level of not caring for someone, past dislike, to words like hate. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever disliked someone so much. I rarely dislike anyone. I can only think of three people I've hated in my 40 years on this planet. I think most of us are the same. Yet, I'd struggle not to punch him if I met him in person (and I'm not a violent person at all). And he doesn't even care. He doesn't attempt to modify the behavior that others find so deplorable. He doesn't apologize or even admit it when he has clearly been caught taking liberties. The guy is a fruit loop. He honestly isn't worth our time.

Wow, you just can't help yourself.

Just listened to Duque on XM(he's more fun direct than he was via BigBird) say he can think of 3 players off the top of his head, who are used to losing, playing for their paycheck, and should be off the team ASAP for the sake of the clubhouse. Who would you say they were? Lugo comes to mind first for me. Albers? Scott? Ohman?

He was horrible as an employee of the Orioles.

If I were him I would keep my opinions about the Orioles and the mets to myself.

On the radio he is one of the worst anylyst host on xm.

The other one that ran the Nationals and was caught accepting bribes is a little worse but not much.

A pitcher having to pitch a 2-3 hour game continuously using their body is a bit different than a 9-5 worker behind a desk. You need just a tad bit more rest to perform I would think as a professional athlete...

The first baseball players that come to mind upon reading your post is,

Don Larson the night before he pitched his perfect game was out until the wee hours of the morning.

And Babe Ruth who was out almost nightly.

But I guess my comment would be why believe something bad about someone ,that is a choice you make and it is not a reflection on them.

This thread should probably just die. It's bringing out the worst in everyone, and it's essentially about nothing.

It had some legs when it was just Duquette and his speculation. Then it got all hijacked.

AGAIN.

I've never seen someone so routinely criticized by so many respected members of the same society. Many of whom typically don't go out of their way to reproach someone. The lack of respect is palpable. For many, including myself, it rises past the level of not caring for someone, past dislike, to words like hate. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever disliked someone so much. I rarely dislike anyone. I can only think of three people I've hated in my 40 years on this planet. I think most of us are the same. Yet, I'd struggle not to punch him if I met him in person (and I'm not a violent person at all). And he doesn't even care. He doesn't attempt to modify the behavior that others find so deplorable. He doesn't apologize or even admit it when he has clearly been caught taking liberties. The guy is a fruit loop. He honestly isn't worth our time.

You have that much contempt for Duquette? :P

Roberts would be a name I would expect, but he's been away from the team for so long.

I think Millwood is #1 just because of the reports he's been out on the town in bars before his starts and is a rent a player who is gone after 2010. I think after the first month he probably decided it wasn't worth trying 100% anymore for a team that wouldn't support him and wasn't going anywhere.

Markakis would be #2 just because he's been here for so long, and probably the losing over all those years has brought him down.

Guthrie is the third one IMO as we have heard he and Trembley didn't see eye to eye.

If I didn't already think you're opinion was completely worthless and biased towards your own personal agenda, this post sealed the deal.

Markakis? How in the world would anyone believe that Nick is just playing for a paycheck? Everything he does indicates he loves Baltimore, loves baseball and is a gamer in every sense of the word. He would be the absolute LAST player I would guess Duquette's referencing.

There is no way that Markakis EXTENDS his contract with the O's if he's that jaded. He'd be counting the days until he could hit free agency and hook on with a playoff contender.

Roberts is in the same situation. Brian plays the game with fire and passion and could have hooked on with just about any team in the majors when he was up for FA, but instead he re-upped with his original team.

There is no way Guts is on that list either. He's a guy who's resurrected his career with the O's and he's been one of the most consistently solid players on the team over the past 3+ years.

No clue what your ulterior motives really are, but they clearly involve creating as much misinformation and controversy as possible.

Archived