Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

I think this is the post. So section18 says "some have heard," which makes this now TRIPLE hearsay. Well done, gentlemen.

He didn't even say "some have heard", he said "I guess some have heard". So, he's just guessing about hearsay. This is getting better and better.

But, as per usual, it's a case of JTrea saying something without justification, treating it like an established fact, and then *other people* go running around, wasting their time doing Trea's homework for him, because he sure as hell won't do it. And then Trea says, "Who? Me? What did I do?"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't even say "some have heard", he said "I guess some have heard". So, he's just guessing about hearsay. This is getting better and better.

But, as per usual, it's a case of JTrea saying something without justification, treating it like an established fact, and then *other people* go running around, wasting their time doing Trea's homework for him, because he sure as hell won't do it. And then Trea says, "Who? Me? What did I do?"

Absolutely hilarious that you, of all people, judge how people argue and post on this site.

Putting aside all the rumor/innuendo, people need to understand that baseball players typically stay out late and get up late. You don't want to be out at 2 a.m. when you have a 9-5 job, but when you don't need to be at the ballpark until something like 2 p.m., then this is like a 9-5 worker being out until 9 p.m. on a weeknight. Whoop de do! So long as he wasn't drinking so heavily that he'd feel crappy the next day, I could care less if Millwood went to Fells Point and stayed out until 2 a.m. one time this year.

A pitcher having to pitch a 2-3 hour game continuously using their body is a bit different than a 9-5 worker behind a desk. You need just a tad bit more rest to perform I would think as a professional athlete...

A pitcher having to pitch a 2-3 hour game continuously using their body is a bit different than a 9-5 worker behind a desk. You need just a tad bit more rest to perform I would think as a professional athlete...

You're right. He should have headed straight home after the ballgame, let his wife tuck him into bed nice and early, drink some warm milk and fall asleep to the Teletubbies! (are they still on?) :scratchchinhmm:

The day before he started, Millwood would probably have gone over scouting reports and video, stretched, done some light jogging, maybe shagged balls in the OF, and charted the game on the bench. Exactly how many hours of sleep do you think he needed after such an exhausting day?

When did I state it was a fact? I just said I believed the hearsay.

Oh good God...just stop dude. Just once would you man up and admit that you were wrong.

You said there were "reports" about Millwood being out drinking until the early morning hours the day of a start. Not until people actually called you on it did your story start unraveling and changing. You used the term "reports" for a reason. You knew exactly what you were doing. And now you're compounding it by insisting on portraying yourself as a victim that's being ganged up on.

And him trying to have a good season and put up good numbers what...loses games for the Orioles?

I never said that.

Right now, as the team is 19-52, he could very well be focused more on his next contract than whether the O's win. And to get that next contract, he needs to produce.

Watching Albert Belle during his career, made me think the same thing.

Adam Jones lobbying for an error to be overturned so he could get a hit in a loss is kind of the same thing.

This is one of the dumbest threads we've had in a long time. All this stupid speculation is a complete joke.

It was dumb, and irresponsible of Duquette to bring it up.

I consider the majority of what goes on here as the equivalent of spoken conversation, so I think slander fits even if not as a legal definition. I mean, no one's going to sue JTrea over what he spews, after all.

Well, Millwood couldn't since he is a public figure, and couldn't prove that Trea had actual malice.;)

Archived