Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

Just listened to Duque on XM(he's more fun direct than he was via BigBird) say he can think of 3 players off the top of his head, who are used to losing, playing for their paycheck, and should be off the team ASAP for the sake of the clubhouse. Who would you say they were? Lugo comes to mind first for me. Albers? Scott? Ohman?

Why on earth would you say Ohman???? That dude is distraught anytime he doesn't come thru. He's one of the last guys I'd suspect.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roberts would be a name I would expect, but he's been away from the team for so long.

I think Millwood is #1 just because of the reports he's been out on the town in bars before his starts and is a rent a player who is gone after 2010. I think after the first month he probably decided it wasn't worth trying 100% anymore for a team that wouldn't support him and wasn't going anywhere.

Markakis would be #2 just because he's been here for so long, and probably the losing over all those years has brought him down.

Guthrie is the third one IMO as we have heard he and Trembley didn't see eye to eye.

Is this a joke?? You say Markakis after his comments last week? And Guthrie, one guy who is actually having a solid year?? I don';t get it.

You don't think Ty Wigginton cares?

Seriously?!?!?!

Do I think he cares about the O's winning games? Not as much as he cares about having a good season and getting a good contract to play somewhere else.

The 2010 season is over for the Orioles. If the fans know that, the players do too.

Do I think he cares about the O's winning games? Not as much as he cares about having a good season and getting a good contract to play somewhere else.
And him trying to have a good season and put up good numbers what...loses games for the Orioles?

This is one of the dumbest threads we've had in a long time. All this stupid speculation is a complete joke.

Why on earth would you say Ohman???? That dude is distraught anytime he doesn't come thru. He's one of the last guys I'd suspect.
I don't think he is, but he is a journeyman and he seems to have a sense of humor about where he is.

Not that it matters much, there are very few if any of these guys who will be around when this team is good again but wouldn't Duquette have to be talking about guys who were here when he was? How would he know how about the guys who have come in since he left?

http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2175138&postcount=19

And I guess I took "out on the town" to be "out at the bars" but I think that's a pretty good assumption to make...

Three Run Homer, do you remember where you saw this post and who the poster was?

I think it was section18--let's see if I can track it down.

As a 29 game season ticket holder I can tell you over the last 13 losing seasons I have probably witnessed over 180 losses in that time period. Has it been draining? Yes! Has it kept me from going back for more punishment. Not yet! Why? Because I like to watch players perform and study their style of play and see how they take losing. I go to games like I am a scout planning for future trades or free agent signings. I have made some comments over the years on OH from witnessing the live performance of the players being discussed. The slowness of action or is it lack of reaction to team needs has been disturbing and on numerous occasions depressing. We have heard many times that the slowness to action is due to the fact our owner is an attorney and that he is very slow and methodical. Not all attorneys are slow but PA seems to be. AM is the same way and we have an obvious great combination. For how long?

I can't help but comment about today's game which is still in the first inning. Kevin Millwood trade rumors? Are you kidding? He has stunk up the joint since the rumors of a deal to NY started. I was the one who said get something for him now a couple of weeks ago in case he goes 0-12. I know he said he would be okay with a deal to NY. What else was he going to say? What does he do today to start the 1st inning? A batting practice pitch down the center of the plate to Wright for a 2 run homer and more batting practice pitches down the middle for a few more hits and then another sweet pitch down the middle to the rookie Carter good for another 3 run HR just like the one I witnessed Friday night and we are down 5-0. I guess some have heard about his being spotted in Fells Point at 2 AM Tuesday in the early morning before his appearance against the Yankees Tuesday night. He lost that game and I believe he gave up 6 runs that night.

The Orioles come up with Patterson getting a leadoff single and then Tejada getting a single to center. Where is Patterson? On second base. The fastest player on the team only goes to second. The Mets have had two players I have seen this series go from 1st to 3rd on singles to LF. One happened in the first inning. We did get 2 runs to battle back. They have added another run in the second to make it 5-3 on a sacrifice with men on 2nd and 3rd. Please tell me why Lugo didn't tag up from second and go to 3rd? The inning is over and he would not have scored on a fly ball ball out. He did the same thing Patterson did last week and just went back to second on the fly ball out. Poor baseball. Lugo needs to go in the same cab Atkins leaves in and hopefully it's this week. His throw last night was poor from second to first which failed to complete the DP and gave the Mets the 2-1 lead as a run scored. He has really failed in his time here and the Red Sox are still paying most of his salary so he won't be as big a salary hit as Atkins. We can still win if Millwood stops throwing HR'S. It's now 6-3 as the Mets have added another run.

I think this is the post. So section18 says "some have heard," which makes this now TRIPLE hearsay. Well done, gentlemen.

I think this is the post. So section18 says "some have heard," which makes this now TRIPLE hearsay. Well done, gentlemen.

Well, excuse me, but if you're going to be critical, would you mind telling me what exactly in my post was inappropriate? I indicated that my source was another poster. I cited other evidence that Millwood was having problems with focus. I offered a theory and didn't try to pass it off as truth.

So, we still don't have a source, but we are down to one alleged incident. The posts from JTrea and Three Run Homer made it sound as though this had happened multiple times. The 'source' post here doesn't even say Millwood was drinking, just that he was "spotted in Fells Point" at 2 a.m. on a day he was scheduled to pitch.

Putting aside all the rumor/innuendo, people need to understand that baseball players typically stay out late and get up late. You don't want to be out at 2 a.m. when you have a 9-5 job, but when you don't need to be at the ballpark until something like 2 p.m., then this is like a 9-5 worker being out until 9 p.m. on a weeknight. Whoop de do! So long as he wasn't drinking so heavily that he'd feel crappy the next day, I could care less if Millwood went to Fells Point and stayed out until 2 a.m. one time this year.

Archived