Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some power position we're in. The Angels are in 1st place and their offense hasn't looked to shabby lately. Howie Kendrick is starting to hit like Howie Kendrick. Juan Rivera is giving them solid offense. The Angels could do nothing and still finish first in the Division.

and they can have Tejada for the next three years for a three peat.

Tejada is not your usual player being traded at the deadline.

He is a Cheap number top 3 offensive SS in the game.

The queston is this. If the Santana/Aybar deal is the best on the table and the Angels say on Sunday night, take or leave it, and if you leave it we're dealing for Soriano. What do you do? I take it.

I take it, too.

Aybar is being underrated here. He is a very good prospect.

I do not understand the infatuation with Kotchman by some here.

Morales is much better. Let's ask for him instead. Besides, Kotchman is probably out for the year (DL) anyway.

Morales is much better. Let's ask for him instead. Besides, Kotchman is probably out for the year (DL) anyway.

That's the point. Morales is an everyday contributer for them. Kotchman is DLed and has underachieved for them but he has been unhealthy. We're much more likely to sneak him by in a deal then Morales who they likely value highly.

I wouldn't take it. As others have said, Santana and Wood or Santana, Aybar, and another player.

Reports keep saying that the Astros have the "best" offer with Ensberg, Lane, and Everett. WTF am i missing here?

Frankly, I don't see this deal getting done. And I'm not saying that necessarily as a bad thing; i have mixed feelings about this. Iff (if and only if) we are willing to spend in FA it still might be better to keep Miggy. But I think that's too big an if to count on.

That's the point. Morales is an everyday contributer for them. Kotchman is DLed and has underachieved for them but he has been unhealthy. We're much more likely to sneak him by in a deal then Morales who they likely value highly.

At AAA he is an everyday contributor.

He was optioned back to AAA a week or two ago. He is NOT contributing at the MLB level.

Some power position we're in. The Angels are in 1st place and their offense hasn't looked to shabby lately. Howie Kendrick is starting to hit like Howie Kendrick. Juan Rivera is giving them solid offense. The Angels could do nothing and still finish first in the Division.

dude. the phrase 'power position' referred solely to the trade negotiations. that is obvious to anyone. of course the Angels have a better team, that is why we're(considering) trading a superstar to them for young players. we should sell cheaper because Howie Kendrick is playing better?? as far as the prognostication....they aren't as sure as you are given their continued interest in trading....

The queston is this. If the Santana/Aybar deal is the best on the table and the Angels say on Sunday night, take or leave it, and if you leave it we're dealing for Soriano. What do you do? I take it.

I would have to say no. But I am sure there will be a better offer on the table from another team (Astros possibly). I take the best offer on the table, but I need more than two players coming back for Tejada unless those two players have completely proven they can play at the ML level. Santana satisfies that, and I would make an exception for Wood, but Aybar isn't enough.

Honestly, the more players the better. I like the thought that we could have four impact players down the road for Tejada and I like the chances that at least 2 of them will meet their potential.

Perhaps including Conine will get us that extra prospect.

At AAA he is an everyday contributor.

He was optioned back to AAA a week or two ago. He is NOT contributing at the MLB level.

Hmmm...I must have missed that. I thought he was doing well with them? I just get the feeling they value him higher then Kotchman and its not worth the added expense when I feel they're likely to be similar production wise anyway.

Archived