Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Jump the frick on it! Although the Conine's and Javy's of the world can be added to try to expand to another player or 2. If it comes down to Aybar and Wood is untouchable I'd want another player back anyway to make up for the difference in value.

So basically this:

If the Angels refuse to give up Wood, we must have one more prospect coming back to us. Let the Angels pick three names in the minor leagues that are off limits. Pick whoever you feel is the best prospect left.

I'm guessing this is basically how we should be looking at things:

Santana and Wood for Tejada

Santana, Wood, and C+ Prospect for Tejada and Conine

Santana, Aybar and B+ Prospect for Tejada

Santana, Aybar, B+ Prospect, and C Prospect for Tejada and Conine

How about the FO show something like this to Angelos and see if he would of approve of something like this instead of negotiating a deal and then having it shoved back in thier faces with a veto.

If we can't reach an agreement on the minimum it would take Angelos to approve a trade, then move onto something else.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly believe Stoneman is being pressured by his owner to win now. The best way to do that is to get Tejada. So I tell Stoneman. You want Tejada well Santana and Wood and he is yours. You have until Monday if not good luck.

I'm leaning to Santana and Woods or no deal.

I mean I wouldn't burn my house down if it was Santana, Aybar, and like Morales, but I wouldn't go outside naked in the street either.

I didn't know Tiger Woods played baseball...I was under the impression that we were going after Brandon Wood.

I didn't know Tiger Woods played baseball...I was under the impression that we were going after Brandon Wood.

If it were Tiger Woods this deal would have already been approved by PA. Can you imagine the kind of PR splash that would have made?

Roch doesn't think its happening, and indicates its not the Angels that are balking :rolleyes:

It doesn't sound like anyone in the Angels' organization is denying reports that the club has offered pitcher Ervin Santana and Triple-A shortstop Erick Aybar. But that doesn't mean the Orioles will take it.

Don't look for it to happen.

Tejada told reporters today that he's happy in Baltimore. He came here to win and that remains his goal.

sigh, you and me both Miggy. At least he remains a trooper.

Orioles should turn down Aybar and Santana. It just isn't quite enough. That is not such a great deal that it couldn't be matched in the offseason if they are set on trading Tejada.

I think the issue is with PA. My guess is he just doesn't want to trade him either way. I don't think PA knows the difference between Aybar and Wood.

Roch doesn't think its happening, and indicates its not the Angels that are balking :rolleyes:

sigh, you and me both Miggy. At least he remains a trooper.

I don't interpret Roch's comments that way.

Don't look for the Orioles to trade Tejada for Santana and Aybar. It is all about negotiating. Hopefully, they can continue to do that and not reach an impasse. They are sooo close!!! However, if the O's aren't going to accept a deal that doesn't involve both Wood and Santana and the Angels will not budge in moving Wood, then the deal is dead.

Hopefully, the Angels are open to moving both Santana and Wood or the Orioles are open to accepting either Wood or Santana as part of a trade.

I think the issue is with PA. My guess is he just doesn't want to trade him either way. I don't think PA knows the difference between Aybar and Wood.

I'm fairly certain that he does...at least as much as any of us knows which one will be a better Mler. Doing a deal for Santana and Aybar might be fair, but certainly doesn't hold with the "must be blown away" stance that has been taken all along. Doing a bad deal because we want to do something at the deadline is a poor reason. Teams that are dumping salary do that, not teams that are looking for fair value.

Stoneman strikes me as being as much of a pain in the rear as Angelos, so I'm willing to share some blame with him.

I keep going back to BigBird's post about 4 guys...haven't seen that elsewhere but I believe BB over any of these media guys. Perhaps BB's source knows something that the media guys don't. Would you pick up the phone if some JA from ESPN called you for info in the middle of negotiations? I wouldn't.

Would you all say Santana and Wood or no deal? Just threaten to trade Miggy to the Rangers unless you can get Wood, of course no intent to actually trade him to the Rangers, maybe that will make them cough Wood up.

To be honest we have no idea where the negotiations are. They might have agreed to it but want us to pick up salary (which is ridiculous, btw). Maybe its been agreed to and the FO is trying to persuade Angelos to sign off on it. Who knows...

I'm fairly certain that he does...at least as much as any of us knows which one will be a better Mler. Doing a deal for Santana and Aybar might be fair, but certainly doesn't hold with the "must be blown away" stance that has been taken all along. Doing a bad deal because we want to do something at the deadline is a poor reason. Teams that are dumping salary do that, not teams that are looking for fair value.

Stoneman strikes me as being as much of a pain in the rear as Angelos, so I'm willing to share some blame with him.

I keep going back to BigBird's post about 4 guys...haven't seen that elsewhere but I believe BB over any of these media guys. Perhaps BB's source knows something that the media guys don't. Would you pick up the phone if some JA from ESPN called you for info in the middle of negotiations? I wouldn't.

I agree with everything you said but this. I just don't have much faith at all in PA... especially since he is allegedly putting all his time and effort into MASN.

But your'e right on about BigBird... he is the man, and makes this board soooo much more interesting. Gotta love it. We're privileged to have him.

Does Aybar really project out to be that good? He's tiny, we already have CPat, Brob, and Fahey. Seems to me that Wood is FAR superior than Aybar. We need power in our organization, I don't do this deal unless it includes Wood.

And by all acounts, you would be right. Stoneman and Angelos are two of the most stubborn people in baseball. Stoneman never wants to part with any of his propects, not that there is anything wrong with that, but there are times when you have to take a chance and deal some prospects, especially when you have a glut of them.

I heard an interview with a reporter from the LA Times talking about how exasperating it can be sometimes to negotiate with Stoneman...sound familiar?

Archived