Attendance to Date: 12.5% Over 2011

TonySoprano

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, 20,602 per game this year vs. 20,009 per game last year. If that's correct, then who cares? Barely any difference, and we're not taking into account the teams they have played.

It's not. We're averaging 24,723 this year, not 20,602.

It's not. We're averaging 24,723 this year, not 20,602.

If you don't count the unpaid gate for the unscheduled doubleheader (and I don't think those usually are counted), then the average is 25,582.

Tony, where are you finding last year's figures? Did you add them yourself or is there a running total for 2011 available somewhere? The Sun used to have it but I haven't been able to find it on their site this weekend.

If you don't count the unpaid gate for the unscheduled doubleheader (and I don't think those usually are counted), then the average is 25,582.

Tony, where are you finding last year's figures? Did you add them yourself or is there a running total for 2011 available somewhere? The Sun used to have it but I haven't been able to find it on their site this weekend.

Compare the numbers here.

Compare the numbers here.

Thanks. I think what the Sun previously had was a link to this site. The format looks the same as what I'm used to seeing.

If you look at the next 8 home dates from last year, they didn't average even 18,000 per game. The O's are going to crush that figure this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Prior to tonight's game, after 35 games 944,521 vs. 700,284 34.9% increase. If you add in the non-gate game vs. Texas, then the 36 game mark attendance is still up 30.1%. We didn't reach 940,000 in attendance until game 44 in 2011. Attendance is on pace for 2.1M for the year.

Obviously the team's doing a lot better this year, but you also have to consider that we had sold-out Phillies and National games that certainly padded the number this year. Between those series and the ones against the Red Sox and Yankees, I wonder what % of our attendance has actually been Oriole fans.

Luckily this isn't really a sport that's too dependent on crowd noise. If it was, we would be a in lot of trouble.

Not that SG is the end all be all..but he contended that winning in season doesn't drive an increase in sales. Clearly, he was wrong. Wish he was here...as I've sited the Orioles and Rays in the past.

Just win, baby. Let's sweep the Indians, please!

Should go over the 1,000,000 mark today, 38 home dates in (there will only be 80 this year due to an unscheduled doubleheader earlier this season to make up a rainout). Looking down the road, the O's have a Thursday-Sunday series with the Yankees on Sept. 6-9 and a Friday-Sunday series with the Red Sox on Sept. 28-30. They have a weekday series with the Red Sox on August 14-16. No other huge draws like the Nats and Phillies, but I'm reasonably optimistic they can reach 2.1 mm in attendance this year, and maybe 2.2-2.3 mm depending on how long they stay in the race.

Archived