Bubba Starling

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like he could be a great QB in a spread system. Similar size to a certain Heisman Trophy winner last year. If the O's can't sign him, maybe he could still wear orange next year, but have it accompanied by blue. Why go to Nebraska when you can when a Heisman at Auburn.:D

Sounds like he could be a great QB in a spread system. Similar size to a certain Heisman Trophy winner last year. If the O's can't sign him, maybe he could still wear orange next year, but have it accompanied by blue. Why go to Nebraska when you can when a Heisman at Auburn.:D

Well, I'll give you this. He'd probably make more money agreeing to go to Auburn to win a Heisman. Their boosters would match or exceed whatever an MLB Club is going to offer...

Sign me up.

If I'm reading correctly, he seems like a top 3 talent in the draft (Rendon/Cole), with upside galore.

Considering talent alone, is anyone else in their category?

I think you have a list of around 8-9 players that right now could claim 1:1 upside/talent.

Maybe Rendon/Cole/Purke/Jungmann/Starling/Springer/Gray/Barnes/Bradley/Norris?

Some other guys that could climb up, too. Sure I forgot someone.

I think you have a list of around 8-9 players that right now could claim 1:1 upside/talent.

Maybe Rendon/Cole/Purke/Jungmann/Starling/Springer/Gray/Barnes/Bradley/Norris?

Some other guys that could climb up, too. Sure I forgot someone.

This is comforting to hear. I forget his exact spot in your rankings (5-7?), but Jungmann seems really enticing to me.

It sounds like the O's should get a VERY good player almost no matter what they do.

I'm still crossing my fingers that all of this top-line talent and upside, combined with Rendon's injury, allows him (rendon) to fall to the O's.

This is comforting to hear. I forget his exact spot in your rankings (5-7?), but Jungmann seems really enticing to me.

It sounds like the O's should get a VERY good player almost no matter what they do.

I'm still crossing my fingers that all of this top-line talent and upside, combined with Rendon's injury, allows him (rendon) to fall to the O's.

Yeah, it's tough to picture a "bad" pick with this class.

Is he a great athlete who is playing baseball or a baseball player who is a great athlete?

The best I heard was once in a generation athleticism in a player destined to play Center Field. He plays 3 sports, so the amount of formal instructional time received in baseball pales in comparison to most top prospects. Tabula Rasa for our coaching staff (for better or worse)

Archived