vs. RED SOX 4/27

OFFNY

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jones homer appeared to be wind aided. Upon viewing the replay, even without the fan it would have been just out of Crawford's reach.

I thought the wind knocked it down. I thought he hit it a LOT harder than 2 or 3 rows deep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He could be making minor changes just like Holliday. Minor leagues where you can iron things out. It made more sense after I saw Bryan Baker. He obviously was working on that new curveball and it inflated his ERA first month.
    • 1. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I acknowledged Elias' position at the time in the very first sentence.  I didn't say Elias directed the trade.  I'm very much saying that Elias' experience with the Astros is going to inform his actions with the Orioles. 2.  At the time, Perez, Cameron and Rogers were the Astros' #3, #9 and #11 prospects respectively per Sports Illustrated.  Not nothing, especially considering the salary relief the Tigers were getting.  For context, Orioles #3 is Basallo. 3. The Verlander trade literally came together in the last hour before the trade deadline.  What comparable pitcher will be available this year is unanswerable until around the last week of July at the earliest as teams evaluate their post-season prospects up until the last minute. Behind my original post is the recognition that this season is different in at least two important respects.  First, the O's are unequivocally a contender and that requires Elias to widen his approach as a general manager.  Secondly, the new ownership is a lot more like Jim Crane than John Angelos ever was, so taking on an expensive contract for the right player is now something that can be considered.  
    • That's a good one! I didn't think about him.
    • Mid-month the K/BB is at 22/4 after 20/12 and 19/12 in April/May. 1190, 964, 805 the monthly OPS's.    Boredom?   Regression?
    • I’m use to looking at top prospects like Almeyda, Tavera, Maikol struggle at this level. Early on this is by far the best DSL team I’ve followed. 
    • De Grom if he comes back healthy?  Not sure why Rangers would trade him, it would be risky to take on his contract.  Could he be starting by trade deadline?  3+ years left on deal 
    • Tonight's game is being managed by the same guy who brought in Joakim Soria to face Delmon Young.  
  • Popular Contributors